Chapter 18: Purpose

*Yato POV*

Now then...

I look at Raynare who is also looking at me with killing intent.

Scary~

"So, you're only a human huh?"

If I remember correctly this trench guy's name is Donahseek.

"I couldn't answer that, Mr...Dohnaseek."

I saw the trench guy knitted his brows with curiosity.

Yes, get curious. And ask me how I know you.

"You... How do you know me?"

Okay, now I get his attention. Why is this so cliche?

Dohnaseek finally guarding up and pointing his light spear in front of me, Dohnaseek really looked down on Rias by how he treated her as if she were nothing in his eyes.

Thank god he retracted the light spear on her, and thank god I still went here.

Thank god for my intuition that something unexpected will happen on my plan.

And I'm also a fucking god.

'If I wasn't here, Rias would have...'

I secretly bit my lips, because of my interference, my existence here in this perverted world, anyone even Issei could die anytime.

I immediately accept the fact that the anime I knew is now real in my eyes.

There's no single protagonist of the world here, everyone could.

We have our own way of life.

Just like this, it was supposed to be different, Rias didn't expose herself to them not until Issei got injured again.

'If I didn't get involved with them and did not plan here, she wouldn't experience something like this.'

I secretly gripped my hold on my snake cane.

'No matter...if what happens in the anime will change then it will change. I don't hold the fate of others but I knew the possible future of them.
Even if I remember only a modicum.

I'll save everyone without seeing someone important to me die.'

It sounds naive when anyone could die at any moment but hey.

At least I finally have a purpose here living in this world, not just acting like yato. But for me as a new person who wants to find his purpose.

What's with this long self-dramatic growth. If this continues Dohnaseek might kill me.

"Didn't you hear me?

How do you know me!"

"I know you because I'm your long-lost brother."

"...what?"

I turn my gaze away from him and look at Raynare.

No matter what I tried to avoid it.

Looking at Raynare was just like looking at my past self.

'Proving your purpose when there's no one will acknowledge about it.'

'believing that what you are doing is for their good.'

And

"Forcing yourself to believe that the only purpose you have is to be recognized."

Of course, to me is not recognized but I want to be acknowledged by that man.

Raynare may be a treacherous person, petty, sadist, and many more