you ok (sr)

It's been 2 weeks, spencer has been locked away in his apartment and everyday morning, noon and night I sat by his door feeling like I was talking to nobody but I knew he was listening to what I was telling him. Today 8:37 pm the apartment hall light was on diming the halls just a bit enough light to see where you were going, "spence" I said while leaning my head on the door frame from the outside "I know you refuse to answer the door but I wanna talk to you about something I've never mentioned before until now" "reid I get your sad I do she meant everything too you and you meant everything too her believe me we all knew it and I have this feeling in my gut that because your upset with yourself and couldn't save her you'll do something stupid like taking Dilaudid again and none of want that for you" I stopped for a second to see if he would say anything but there was no response "spence when you get a chance I would live for you to talk to me, I love you" I said still sitting at the door "I wouldn't take dilaudid again" it was a short response but It was a good way too hear his voice again. I smiled and felt the door open, I quickly looked up it was him, he had grew out some facial hair but not to much and he looked exhausted, I quickly stood up and gave him a hug, it lasted a while I never wanted to let go but I had too "may I? I asked trying to get into the apartment "yeah" he whispered so softly letting me in. It was a mess books everywhere, sink only filled with a few dishes, the coffee table filled with case files and books but what stood out was the book on the table, the book mauve gave to him. I sighed knowing he had probably read the small quote note that she had left over and over, "spence you doing ok" I said sitting next to him "better thanks for checking" he said slouching on the couch. I got up starting to clean up the scattered clothes and books "y/n really you don't need to clean up my mess" "reid I know your lying when you say you're fine I know you want to leave it all alone but I'm here I'm y/n I'm your bestfriend and I will help you in anyway I can spence because I love you" I said stopping in my tracks still with books in my hands "thank you, and I love you too but really y/n I got it" he said standing up walking over to me trying to help put the books in order "please" I said trying to let me help him "ok" I smiled at his response and hoped him clean up the apartment.

An hour had passed and we had pretty much finished all that's left was a few trash peices and clothes on the chairs, spencer had slouched on the couch as I stood behind his messing with the knotted hair "I really hope you get better spence I do I miss the happy super nerdy you but I'll wait as long as you need" I said before noticing he was silently crying, all it was were tears running down his cheeks, I walked over to the couch and sat next to him hugging him with comfort, I know he was hurt but he needed somebody right now and I wanted to be that person. He stopped crying after a while and sat back down drifting off too sleep. As far as I'm worried I'm glad he's sleeping right and I'm glad it's in my arms.