only 1 regret (sr)

Warnings: mention of death

Spencer's pov

We were working on a case in Texas, the unsub was drugging her victims and making them look like a perfect family after she killed them all, she fixed them up too look normal and clean as if the were having a haply family evening dinner. We believed she was most likely abused as a child and never got the family attention like she should have so she was making people feel how she did with abuse and them making them be how she wanted to be all along. I know that all she wanted was to be a happy family but this wasn't the right way.

We were in the office we were given to work with for the case we're close to finding her "Garcia can you run a background check on a women named Megan eznet" I asked "ah yes Megan was born on November 14th 1986 she was born and raised in Ohio but moved to Houston Texas when she was 11, her mom and dad abused her from the ages of 9-12 then it stopped when they got arrested for the child abuse after her neighbors had heard her yelling and crying for them to stop, and oh dear she was adopted by her foster parents who abused her aswell but she then killed them and I think that they are apart of the perfect family and haven't left since" Garcia spoke over the phone "any old place that Megan may have brought them like a old child home or her foster home" y/n asked "umm yes she bought the house her bio parents abused her in 2 years ago but it's registered in her foster dads name" she said "alright thanks Garcia" I said "No problem" she said hanging up, I closed my phone and went outside to the suv getting into the passenger side while Morgan was in the front and y/n was in the back.

We pulled up to the house slowly with headlights and siren lights were off, I got out of the car and so did Morgan and y/n and other team members, y/n and I got on both sides of the door while Morgan stood infront of it, we nodded at eachother as Morgan kicked open the door, we all moved inside as we took sharp corners. I took a corner and saw Megan "Megan fbi, put it down" I said slowly walking toward her "stay away your ruining my dinner just go" she said waving her hands, y/n, Morgan, rossi, hotch, and jj all came to the room after hearing me talk to the girl "I know your parents abused you as a kid and so did your foster parents and I know all you wanted was a perfect family to just sit down and eat with but instead you got the opposite and I'm sorry but that doesn't make what this is right" I said holstering my gun "no, you don't get it at all, my parents were selfish and had me just too hurt me" she said "I know and I'm sorry" I said walking my way toward her "Listen Megan I know you had a crappy life but why make that other people's problem they had nothing to do with how your parents treated you" y/n said holstering her gun aswell as the team moved to the other door way "because I want them to feel the way I did" she said grabbing a tighter grip on the gun she held "and I'm sorry you felt that pain but leave innocent people out of it" y/n told her "and I'm sorry" she said "for what Megan" I asked but then I realized but before I could do anything she said the words "for this" she pointed her gun at y/n and fired a bullet, I grabbed my gun and shot Megan before she could create any more damage, I ran toward the body of y/n and checked for a pulse, there was nothing.

I sat on the floor with her body on my arms and lap as everybody stared at me and her they were crying and I could see it and hear it "she was my bestfriend and I couldn't save her" I said as tears flowed down my face "it's my fault I realized and I couldn't save her" I said "it's not your fault reid" Morgan said sitting next to him "she's gone, she's my bestfriend I've known her since I was 10 Morgan, she's only 32" I said with my words all mumbled from were I was crying "spence you knew her for 22 years she knew you loved her and you knew she loved you" jj said also crying.

We got back to the office y/ns blood still on my button up shirt all dried up "oh you poor baby" Garcia said before bringing me into a tight hug, I let out every tear I held back and slightly hugged her back "reid, baby death doesn't end a relationship it only ends a life and this life is one we never wanted gone" she said as I pulled back and walked over to my desk grabbing my things "reid do you want a ride home" hotch asked but I refused I'd just take myself home and walk.

When I walked into my apartment I went into my room taking off my button up that had blood on it, I saw y/ns headband she left here a few weeks ago but now I would keep it as a memory of her I had gotten her wallet from her pocket before they dragged her away and I found a picture of us at 13 at our favorite park where we read, we were smiling so big it wasn't even funny "I miss you my only regret is not saving you" I said running my thumb over the picture before placing it down on my nightstand and taking off my pants putting some pajamas on laying in bed facing the ceiling not being able to sleep but to only think about her.