i can't breathe (sr) pt 1

(Warnings: dead body, kidnapping)

7 years ago I had a baby girl named Jada gray reid, at the time me and spencer had just started seeing eachother and we had Jada, she has become a beautiful little girl.

I woke up without spencer by my side, it was normal for spencer not too be by me sometimes so I ignored it and went to the kitchen. We had bought a house a year after Jada was born we didn't want too live in a apartment with a child because of it having thin walls and it being so small.

I started making breakfast for Jada before the bus came, I finished making her breakfast which was something small just a peice of toast and strawberries, I walked to Jada's room and opened the door, she wasn't there her bed was made, nothing had slipped my mind only that mabye she was getting a shower or getting dressed in her bathroom, so that's where I checked, it was cracked open, I opened it a little more only to see she wasn't there. My heart dropped a little I checked all the rooms in the house, she wasn't there, now my heart sank to my ankles my daughter was no where to be found. I went out to my car and drove to the bau with the most smallest hope that spence had her, there was no reason why he would have her but I wanted to have the hope that he did, I tried to keep my cook and not let any tears escape my eyes, I didn't want spencer to know, not yet I wanted him too not worry as much as I was at the moment.

I walked into the bau, even if I wanted too tell spence I couldn't because he wasn't even in the office he was on his way to California for a case about some guy who's been kidnapping and killing their victims. The only person that was there was rossi he was seeing a old friend and helping him out, he had just got back from seeing him, I ran up to him and dragged him into his office "Dave, Jada is gone, I checked her room my room and all the bathrooms I checked outside I checked everywhere I thoigh spence took her here but he's not even here did you see her" I was ranting too him hoping he'd know something.

We talked about her but he knew nothing. I walked off and went home just wanting too wake up and let it all be over.

I got home and went out to the empty field in the back where Jada liked too play with her friends from school and from the neighborhood, I walked near the bushes and found Jada's blanket, her favorite blanket she slept with it by her side every night. I wanted too just sit down and cry but I felt like she was near if her blanket was here I kept walking and walking.

I walked past the set of logs she used too "protect herself from the great day guards" that's what she would do exept the logs were set as a bed and that's where Jada's body laid.

I felt like I couldn't breathe, like the everything had just stopped, she was set down so camly, as if the unsub had remorse for her. I couldn't hold myself back anymore I called spencer.

"Spencer" my voice trembled over the phone "what's wrong, are you ok" he said worried "spence no, she's dead" I had completely let go of every tear that I had held back "just come home please" I asked so mumbled "I was I'm almost there I'll be home in 20 minutes" he responded and with that I hung up, I couldn't say another word without crying my eyes out.

Spence was on time but he brought the whole team, they walked over to me, spence was the last too see his daughters dead body, he was sad and mad and wanted too kill the person who did it but he felt like he couldn't work the case like he couldn't focus.

"Son of a bitch" he mumbled putting his hands in his hair letting evey tear leave his eyes. I couldn't leave her side I wanted to be by her.

Spencer's pov

I found my kid's dead body, I couldn't help but blame myself "it's all my fault, I was running late and I didn't check her room and say goodbye like usual, it only would've taken a second that's all but I didn't if I did she'd probably still be alive" I said staring at her crying "it's not your fault you were late and she was probably still in her room, I should've been awake" y/n said walking over to me hugging me, I hugged her so tightly "I'm gonna kill who ever did it" I mumbled into her neck, she didn't say anything she just let go and walked off into the house "I can't look anymore" she said slamming the door. I walked off to the s.u.v and drove off to the bau.

I walked in and got a file for Jada and I started working. I know we had nobody working at our house but there was no forced entry, I called y/n "yeah" she responded quietly "can you go and see if jada's window is unlocked" I said waiting for a response, I heard her walking toward her room "yeah it's unlocked" she said with a tone of realization, "thank you, I love you" I said "I love you too" she said before hanging up.

I kept thinking about family or friends who acted a certain way toward Jada, and it hit me, y/ns old friend, she had met Jada several times and Jada loved her but y/n didn't have the heart too tell Jada that y/n dropped her for sleeping with her sister.

I figured it out.