Chapter three: apologize - solid burn.

Kara's standpoint

   I drove home with Clara visibly furious at what Eran did. He threw a fucking poo on my face in front of everyone! Scratch the everyone part, he threw crap on my face. This time he will spend three days on that fucking car seat. I put on a false smile and walked into the house. Clara kept barking joyfully as she wagged her tail running around her new home. The truth is that I bought the dog for Kerah, she really wanted one.

   'Mom!!! I adopted a puppy!!!' I shouted nonchalantly, plopping myself on the couch and eating what's left of the brownies on the table. Who made this fucking shit.

   'What!!!' She yelled. I tapped my feet counting the seconds she would drag her heavily pregnant self into the living room. Five minutes. 'Wow, Mom. You broke your record!' I exclaimed. 'You were ten seconds slower.'

   'Karaaaaaaaa...' She drawled tapping her feet impatiently.

   'Sit down, momma, the baby needs it.' I said sweetly. She sighed and sat down. 'She's homeless and needs a home, so viola! Kerah has a puppy!'

   'Where did you pick her up from?'

   'She came to our school with her carer.'

   'I thought she was homeless.' She said frowningly. I grinned.

   'Okay, she was up for adoption and she dealt with Kieran for me.' I said grinningly.

   'What did she do to the poor boy?' Mom asked worriedly.

   'You mean to ask what did she do do to the poor boy.' I said jestingly and burst into laughter a little before I remembered how my face got poo smacked.

   'Kara, you can't keep the dog.'

'But I'm good with animals.' I whined poutingly.

   'It's not you I'm worried about, my dear. My problem starts with a K and ends with a H. Do you get the idea?' I chuckled. She was talking about Kerah.

   'Mom, the last time she took care of a pet was two years ago, she's more responsible and thoughtful now. She can handle a puppy and I assure you I'll be here to watch over her.' I said assuredly.

   'Awwwn! If only she could see how her big sister is looking out for her.' Mom cooed.

   'Don't ever tell her I said that mom or I'll hate you forever.' I said seriously. She laughed and nodded. 'So I'm keeping her, right?'

   'Oh, no, you're not.'

   'Oh, come on! I just wasted my speech for nothing!'

  'Puppy!' Kerah exclaimed. I turned to look at her, her appearance made me laugh. She had soap foams all over her hair, on her elbow, stomach and ears. She must have ran out of the shower when she heard me shout about a puppy. 'She's so cute! What's her name?'

   'Clarabelle.' I smiled.

   'More like RIP.' Mom scoffed. I chuckled.

   'She's all yours, little sis. Thanks for letting me keep the dog mom.' I said screamingly and walked away.

   'But I didn't say you can keep it!' She shouted.

   'I love you too, mommy.' I shouted ignoring her. Kerah ran after me with Clara, does she realize that she's naked? She hugged me from behind anyways.

   'Oh, thank you so much, sis. I knew you'd help me. Sometimes the loose nuts in your brain reset itself and then loose back later.'

   'Geez wow, thanks for the fabulous compliment.' I said sarcastically.