Chapter Thirteen: messed up

Kieran's standpoint

   I sprayed the house again for the umpteenth time, I double-checked the food I made and myself. I hoped she wouldn't find fault in what I'm wearing. Hmm. I turned on the music and sighed. Kara and I were friends and was pretty certain I would win her heart if I don't mess up. The doorbell rang and Kyla who had been standing there and staring at it for over an hour, waiting for Kara, opened it excitedly.

   "You are finally here!" She squealed.

   "Were you waiting for me behind the door or something?" Kara asked quizzically.

   "Yes, my cupcakes?!"

   "Here, I bought donuts too." She squeaked and snatched the bag. Kara looked so beautiful with her straight hair, absolutely dreamy. Kyla ran away without a thank you, to share it with my cheetahs. Kara still hadn't noticed me there, she started swaying gently to the music, her hips moving  in perfect sync to the semi fast beat.

   "Kara," I called. She froze. "Hi." She turned and looked at me sheepishly

   "How long have you been standing there?" She asked sheepishly.

   "From the start, you have nice hips." I said winkingly, she rolled her eyes away but I could see her cheek turning pink. She sauntered to me and crossed her arms. "What?"

   "Nothing," she said evasively and looked away. "I'm hungry."

   "I made something for us," she stared at me suspiciously. "Whaaat? I didn't poison it." I laughed. "Yet."

   "Where's Kira?"

   "Upstairs, I put her  to sleep." I literally reprogrammed her system so it will look like we finished the test. I wanted to spend time with her. She shrugged and walked to the dinning giving me a good view of her behind. We ate in silence and it was annoying. She packed up her plate and stood up.

   "Won't you comment?" I asked poutingly. She smiled.

   "It was surprisingly good." She said softly.

   "Just good?" I asked annoyingly.

   "Yes, just good." She replied sharper. I sucked my lip and sighed as she walked away.

Kara's standpoint

   What is my problem? Why am I quiet? I need to keep my feelings in check. I accepted the fact of me crushing on him but I couldn't accept the like theory, never again! I finished washing the dishes and went back to the living room. He was playing video games.

   "Loser!" Rang out and he scoffed throwing the control pad on the floor.

   "Need some help?" I asked chirpily.

   "I need help passing this level not getting my ass kicked by a girl," he said huffily. I chuckled and sat beside him. "The mission is to defeat the boss and get to the next stage. I'm still in stage three."

   "How many stages are there?" I asked calmly picking the control pad. I passed it to him, our fingers brushed against each other. I smiled at the sweet sensation and removed my hand. I took the other pad.

   "Ten."

   "Wow," I breathed.

   "Each stage has ten levels to complete before the boss stage," he added resetting the game. "Pick your avatar."