Chapter Eighteen: Drawing book

Kara's standpoint

   Mom and kerah sang like idiots as I drove to dad's company. She stopped singing and started crying.

   "What?" I asked exasperatedly.

   "You don't have time for me anymore. You are always with him," she sobbed. Who? "I'm always alone in that big house. When last did we have our girls time?"

   "Mom, I've been very busy lately. I have to work on my grades, the routines for the cheerleader competition because our opponent mean business and…"

   "Blah blah. How's reading with Kieran going?" She interjected. At least she stopped crying.

   "Fine, even if we just started three days ago."

   "Are you sure you are studying or studying?" Kerah asked wiggling her eyebrows at me. I burst into laughter.

   "Geez, Kerah, you are foolish." I laughed, she laughed too. Mom hissed. I pulled over and the guards ran to the door and opened it for her. She stepped out with their help.

   "Welcome, madam." They bowed. She nodded with a frown.

   "Why isn't he here to greet me?" She started crying allover again.

   "I'm right here!!!" Dad shouted from a corner where he was talking to a fat man. She squealed and clapped her hands. The man laughed.

   "Drive off now before she insist we stay with her," Kerah whispered. I drove off quietly. "I swear, my husband will suffer like this too." She laughed at her wickedness. Foolish girl.

Kieran's standpoint

    Everywhere was almost quiet as I sneaked to Mrs. McKinley's office to get my drawing book. She took it from Hudson who somehow brought it to school. She would show the whole school how awesome I was at art. She wanted me to date her daughter but I refused because literally her daughter is as fat as a house. I'm talking two rooms and parlour here.

Kieran have taste you know.

   "Sexy thief, huh?" A voice  startled me. I squeaked and turned to see the heart attacker. It was Kara. She stood leaning on the wall with arms folded and left foot rested on it. "What are you doing?"

   "Oh, it's you," I said with relief. "Did you finish the assignment I gave you?" I asked trying to change the topic.

   "Nice try, what are you doing sneaking into Mrs. McKinley's office?"

  "She seized my drawing book so I want it back," she tilted her head questioningly. "It has a lot of personal drawings." I lied. She chuckled and dropped her leg.

   "It's in Clarissa's office. She gave it to Clary to hide but didn't mention who owned it." She said calmly.

   "Then how did you know?" I asked suspiciously.

   "I was there talking to her about her date with Revilé last night," she walked closer to me and smiled. "I'll help you get it." She walked away and I followed her. "If it was that personal, why bring it?"

   "Hudson accidentally carried it yesterday and then he brought it to school," I replied glancingly. She hummed thoughtfully. We got to the office but the door was locked. "Shit! Kara, please help me, sneaking around is your thing."

   "No." She said and turned to leave. I held her hand and pouted.

   "I'm your boyfriend." I said poutingly