Chapter Seventeen: time

Kieran's standpoint

   The ringing of my phone woke me up, It was Ebby. We became friends again after that day he paid me an unexpected visit.

<Flashback>

I opened the door and saw the person I never expected to see in a million years.

   "Ebby? What are you doing here?" I asked quizzically.

   "Is that how to greet an old friend?" He asked pushing me aside and walking in. "Hello, mom." He smiled at my mom. She grinned and hugged him.

   "Longest time, my second son, how are you?"

   "Very fine, mommy." He said babyishly.

   "Awwwn, go upstairs and chat with your brother."

   "He is not my brother." I said acidly.

   "Why? Because I stole your girlfriend?" He asked smirkingly. I clenched my fist.

   "Kieran had a girlfriend?" She asked shocked.

   "Yup! And I took her."

   "Ebbison!" Mom exclaimed.

   "Relax, mom, it's Kara and you know she will kill me." He said laughingly, she laughed too.

   "I will be upstairs." She carried curious Kyla, she had never seen him before. She sauntered back upstairs with Kyla digging holes in his body before she was out of sight.

   "You really have guts." I said through gritted teeth.

   "Do you really think I will date Kara? Hell no."

   "So why are you here?"

   "To hit you but mom is around. Kieran, don't you think you should stop pretending and tell her already?" He asked sitting on the couch. I folded my arms.

   "It's none of your business." I said coldly

   "Kieran, I used to love her a lot but I let go because she is damn attached to you. How long do you think her heart will stay like that? She will fall in love with someone soon because she is ready to give love another try so you better act now."

   "What am I supposed to do? I screwed up." I sighed slumping on the couch beside his.

   "There is a new word in town and it's called "apologize" ever tried that before?" He asked rolling his eyes.

   "Will she accept it?"

   "You will never know until you try." He smiled. I smiled too.

   "I'm sorry for the way I acted in the past."

   "Like you said, past."

   "Robert will never forgive me. I slept with his girlfriend." I said regretfully covering my face with my palms.

   "You mean the crazy black girl that he is yet to confess his love to? Fuck both of you." He said laughingly.

   "Thanks for the encouragement." I said sarcastically.

   "Come on, we both know Robert have forgiven you." He said enthusiastically, always so joyful.

   "I know, I will apologize tho."

   "The magic words, now get me something to eat before I eat your TV." He commands. I laughed evilly, a wicked idea popping into my head.

   "Zuma!!!!!" I shouted. He don't know him.