Chapter Twenty-three: Shattered - painful secrets

Robert's standpoint

     Ever been in a moment were you feel like dropping dead to the floor without any reluctance? That moment were you wish you had superpowers to help you escape a particular situation? That was what how I felt. I ignored the two murderous girls staring at me, ready to kill me at the spot and focused on the girl I'd hurt. In my entire life of knowing her, she had only cried thrice in my presence and that was when she was little. Seeing her tears drop because of me made me feel like my heart was ripping to shred and dragging my soul into a void. Guilt is not enough to describe what was eating me up. She deserved nothing of what I blunted out, I didn't mean it at all. It came out as an angry sentence but I really didn't know why I would be angry over someone's own life.

   "You do." my conscience said increasing my death wish. Never did I wanted to accept it but it felt too hard to resist. Kara held Charlotte's hand to stop her from doing anything crazy while Riha struggled to set herself free from Bianca. Lydia ran away still crying and it felt like she ran away with my spirit and heart.

   "Riha, Charlotte, get her before she runs into a trailer!!!" Kara shouted. They gave me one final glare and ran after her. "Bianca, please get our things and meet us by the car, not a word to the others." She added, her eyes not leaving me. Unlike the others, her eyes had softened and held no fury at all, just sympathy and concern. Bianca left and she sighed. She knelt in front of me and wiped my bloody mouth with her hanky.

   "I'm sorry," I said weakly. "I didn't mean what I said, I just…I don't..I…"

   "Robin, I understand why you said that. You were jealous and that jealousy rose am anger that should never have been there and made you say what you shouldn't have. I know that feeling because I've been there with Kieran before but unlike you, I knew why I was like that and I accepted it." She shoved the hanky into my mouth.

   "Ow!"

   "Shut up," she smacked my head. "Robin, you have to accept the truth already. Can you tell me one good reason why you don't want to accept it? Aside from your "she's my friend" theory?" She asked folding her arms.

   "Well it's simple! She…she..er…erm…honestly she's not really…"

   "Robin, you can't judge her, you are worst than her. Lydia isn't a flirt, just a girl who have been trying to get over you by dating and flirting with other guys." She sighed.   "I don't know what happened between you two that made her heart start beating mercilessly for you but she loves you…as in IN love with you and that was what she planned on telling you today before you screwed up. Robin, you have broken her and we both know how difficult it is to break Lydia 2.0. I expect you to think this through and fix it before I hate you. Even if I love you, I won't take this from you." She stood up. "About the punch, sorry not sorry." She smiled warmly and left.

Next_day

   "Robert, I cannot say you are not a fool because you are." Kieran said coldly. I came to see him for a little help but there he was, making my life more miserable.

   "Kieran, the dude have had enough." Shade said calmly.

   "Shade, can you let anger make you say such a thing to Riha?" He asked huffily.

   "Riha don't flirt with guys, she's the dark type so it's a different case." Shade said looking away.

   "Shade don't dodge the question, can you?" Kong asked glaring at me.

   "For a start, no. One, Kieran over here will rip out my vocal cord, Kara will break my legs, Charlotte will break my nose, Lydia will trash my balls and Riha herself will murder me."