Chapter Twenty-two: error.

Lydia's standpoint

   Riha laid on Kara's bed watching a movie with Kara's laptop, Bianca was polishing her nails as she watched the movie too, Nina stood on her hands, something she did whenever she was upset or sad. Shannon was checking out Shannon's makeup kit, Edeline was dancing while Sheila and I were going through her wardrobe and Charlotte was looking for shoes she would "borrow."

   "What the goddamn fuck!" Kara exclaimed when she walked into her room and saw us. "What are you girls doing in my room?" She huffed.

   "You didn't come to school so we decided to crash in here until you return from your wonderful 'honeymoon'," Bianca said making air quotation. Kara glanced at Sheila, Shannon and Edeline sending us a "shut your mouth up." message.

   "What honeymoon?" Edeline asked curiously. "Did you sleep with Kieran?"

   "No, I haven't even seen him since we said goodbye in school yesterday," she lied quickly. "SOMEBODY is just jumping into conclusion."

   "Oh." Edeline mouthed.

   "I'm going to ask again, why are you all here?" She asked sitting on the bed.

   "I came to borrow your shoes."

   "Charlotte, you never return what you borrow." She said rolling her eyes.

   "I forget all the time. It is the job of the borroweé to come get it from me." Charlotte said defensively.

   "I came here to borrow any of your costume." Sheila said.

   "My Mom took my makeup kit so here I am."

   "I borrowed your air pod for now." Edeline said swaying her hips to the song.

   "Is there anyone else who isn't here to steal my things?" Kara asked taking off her shoes. "Nina, can you stop that, get over the upset thing already."

   "I'm heartbroken, leave me be." She cried.

   "Your blood's gonna enter the wrong places and you will die then when you get to hell you will explain to devil that you died because the dick you love isn't what you thought he was and then devil will prepare a hotter place to roast you up like corn." Charlotte said in one breath. Sharp mouth, the one reason we all love her. Never afraid to say the truth and never let herself get intimated.

   "Charlotte, I swear, I will turn you to an amoeba if you don't shut up." Nina snapped.

  "What happened to Ebby?" Edeline asked curiously.

   "I don't even know why am here." I said with a shrug to divert the conversation.

   "To think of Robert I guess." Edeline quickly said. Always the first to speak.

   "Kara, where is your costume box? I need to find something to wear on Friday." Sheila said frowningly.

   "I need to know what Robert will wear to the party." I added.

   "I don't know what to wear to impress Shade."

   "Me neither."

   "Fine! Everybody!" Kara exclaimed. She brought out her phone from her pocket and dialed a number. "Robin, you are a wicked best friend… of course! When last did you call me? It has just been you and Kieran alone, no, Kara… do you have to be our best friends from each side? Ebby will take your place now… just be a lesser dick and tell me what you and Shade will wear to the party… shut up and tell me!" She snapped. "Good boy… heh heh heh… I'm sorry, bestie… love you too, bye." She hung up smiling. I sometimes envied their closeness but try not to show it. I really needed Robert to look at me from another light.