Chapter Twenty-five: Everything will be fine

Ebby's standpoint

A DAY EARLIER

   I sighed as I walked into my apartment. I turned on the lights and screamed when I saw someone on my couch. Wasn't expecting that.

   "Jesus, Jesse! You scared the bejesus out of me!!!" I screamed at my friend. He laughed.

   "Sorry."

   "Hey," someone said from behind me making me jump out of my skin with a scream. "Why so jumpy?" The idiot laughed.

   "I'm too heartbroken to be in a balanced shape." I snapped.

   "Uh oh! Did the pretty skirt you went after not accept you?" Jesse asked picking up his bottle of beer.

   "Why are you drinking in my house?!" I flared.

   "Don't change the topic, Ebby, what happened?" Lean asked bossily.

   "Turns out you were right." I said walking to the couch.

   "Me or him?" Jesse asked confusedly.

   "Him." I sighed jerking my head to Lean's tall frame.

   "You see! You never listen to reasons. I warned you and I'm sure your dear Kieran did too, now what are you going to do now if she doesn't give in?"

   "I don't know!!!!" I yelled. "I don't know," I said soberly. "I just want to crawl into a hole and bury myself."

   "Or get wasted. There's this party tonight and I'm sure you will be better by the time you get high and get some random bitch slammed." Jesse said excitedly.

   "Jesse, his promiscuity is the reason he is having troubles with the girl he actually love and yet you are advising him to get drunk and laid? Are you insane?"

   "He needs it, he can edit the laid part and just rock off the party. Girls will go crazy when they find out DJ Garland is coming to the party." He said happily. I was sort of like a popular DJ back there in school but I barely attend parties since I met Nina.

   "No way! I won't let you go to Nevin's party, he always throw the wildest parties and you always over do it there."

   "Did you have to spill the bean." Jesse huffed.

   "Stop ruining his chances because you are envious of him. You can not and will never be him." Lean scorned. Jesses stood up abruptly.

   "What is that supposed to mean!!! What is your problem?"

   "Enough!!!!" I yelled. "Both of you, get out of my house!!!"

   "Ebby, I know you are upset and broken but please don't go anywhere, just for the fact that I believe she would come around. I trust you will do right thing, bye." He patted my shoulder and left.

   "Come over to the party if you change your mind." Jesse said angrily and left too. I sighed heavily and brought out my phone. I dialed her number and it was off.

Pfft.

Ebby's standpoint

  Staying at home alone was killing me, all I thought of was her and her alone. Will she ever forgive me? Why didn't I listen to Kieran and Lean? Why was I such a fool?

Questions I asked myself then.

I need to get drunk.

   I stood up from my bed where I'd been wallowing and went to the bathroom. I took a quick bath and dressed up, took my car keys and walked out. After twenty minutes of driving, I got to my destination.  The place was a duplex booming with music and screams. I dragged myself out of the car and into the building.