Chapter Twenty-four: push already!

Kieran's standpoint

    I pinned Kara down with my legs and arms, when she was in panic mood, she act absolutely stupid. Kerah was talking to herself on the floor and Lyla holding her too just in case. Pascal had been in there for over an hour with no news. Mom and dad were out of town, in fact, most of our parents were. Shade's mom was the only available adult present. Riha and the others sat down waiting patiently and throwing worried look at Kara who didn't seem to care about their existence.

Also, Lydia and Charlotte weren't present which was strange.

   "Kara, stop fidgeting," I snapped. She hit my lips with the back of her head. "Hey! Do you wanna burst my pretty lips? How would you kiss them then?" I asked humorously.

   "Not funny, Kieran, let me go." She begged.

   "No, stay put." I tightened my legs around her and she grumbled. Pascal walked out grumbling, I didn't let her go or she would strangle her uncle.

   "So stubborn and hard-headed, just like dad…" I heard him grumble. "Kara, your mom wants to die." He said angrily.

   "What happened?" I asked pushing struggling Kara down.

   "Can you believe, Millicent!" He exclaimed. "God helped her and she didn't get badly hurt, just went into labor which wasn't all bad since her baby would arrive later this evening anyways, but she still needs to use operation but did she agree? Nooooooo, she said she wants to give birth herself and your father must be here to hold her hands or she will gladly die." He said complainingly. "I mean of all the older sisters in the entire world, I had to be stuck with little Miss Stone Head. Your father won't be here until almost two hours and she will die by then."

   "Can't you just inject her to sleep?" Riha asked glancing at Kara.

   "Milly is a strong willed woman. If I inject her with such a disturbing decision, I fear the worse." He explained.

   "That annoying woman!" Kerah shouted.

   "Kieran, please let me go," she begged. I let her go and she stood up. "Can Kerah and I go in there with you? We can convince her."

   "We?" Kerah asked fearfully.

   "Yes, we will hold her hands."

   "Nuh uh! I can't be in there, I will die." She cried.

   "Uncle Pascal?" Kara called softly. He nodded. "Kerah, you are going In there with me whether you like it or not." She added sternly.

Kara's standpoint

   I held mom's hand tightly as I whispered to her. She was damn stubborn and it was getting irritating.

   "Mom, picture this," Kerah said grinningly, holding her other hand. "You in your grave, we looking down and crying at you. Dad being miserable, your unborn baby's spirit crying because of you and dad remarrying someone else later and then you cry and we cry because she's wicked and dad disown us when we try to fight back. Wouldn't that be fantastic?" She said with a weird ironic smile on her face.

   "So mom? Will you do it or die?" I asked harshly. Pascal laughed a little but cupped his mouth.

   "Yes." She muttered.

   "Such a wonderful woman." Kerah seethed. For once, I'm proud of her. So there we were, encouraging mom to push the damn child out since she still insisted on giving birth by herself.