Chapter Nineteen: tutoring

Kara's standpoint

   If you think nursing a baby is hard, then you try teaching Kara. The girl's attitude towards books was annoying and utterly frustrating. She's a dunce at choice. I'd been repeating one thing for over five fucking days but every time I taught her, she dozed off or start playing with Zoom who was rocking her headphone.

   "Kara!!!" I yelled and slammed the big chemistry book on her head, she screamed sitting up.

   "What did I do?" She whined.

   "What do you think, you dunce!"

   "What do you want?" She asked with an eye roll.

   "I was teaching you and you dozed off again, for the twentieth time today!"

   "It's so difficult and boring."

   "Kara, there is nothing hard in this? I've been trying to teach you how to calculate percentage by mass of all component elements in sodium… are you even listening?!!!" I yelled.

   "Sorry, you lost me at calculate," she said flinging her pen away. I sucked in a sharp breath and hit her with the book again. "You are really enjoying this teaching thing, aren't you?"

   "Totally, I get to do this whenever I want." I said and hit her again.

   "Hit me again and I will break your head with that book," she threatened and I smacked her face this time. She growled. "Kieran, stop h… ooh, cookies!" She squealed and picked up my left over cookies. I whimpered.

   "Kara…" I drawled in exasperation.

   "I swear, am listening now." She assured me. I sighed and started over again but when I looked up she had her headphone on and was dancing around with Zoom who also had on the mini headphone Kara bought for him. I dropped my pen and facepalmed myself. I threw a pillow at her, she stopped and grinned sheepishly.

   "I swear, I won't teach you again." I said angrily packing up the books.

   "I'm sorry, okay? Try literature first."

   "That's not your main subject," I hissed. "Calculus." I huffed and opened her calculus textbook but alas! She didn't listen. "Kara!" I cried out in frustration.

   "Sorry, what were you saying?" She asked averting her eyes from Zuma who was hugging the ginger fur Kara bought for him so he won't try to eat her head. I folded my arms and thought of something that will make her concentrate.

Where is Kerah when you need one.

She averted her eyes back to Zuma and laughed. I texted Kerah.

   "How can I get your coconut head sister to focus?"

She replied in a minute.

   "Just kiss her and entwine your fingers together and she will focus on you and you alone."

   "You kiss her?" I texted to annoy her.

   "Yes, I kiss her, idiot." I chuckled and dropped my phone. I took her right hand and entwined it with mine since she's left handed.

   "What?" She asked blushingly. I moved closer and kissed her lightly for a minute before unlocking, she pouted with heated cheeks. "We are supposed to be reading." She said shyly and tried to remove her hand but I held it tighter.

   "Let's study like that." I said smirkingly.

>>>