Chapter 1 - The Incident

The Transcenders.

That was the title given to once regular people.

Who, by sheer will, determination and perseverance,

Ascended to the realm of the gods, and became gods.

However, almost no one could achieve such a feat,

And all who did faced many hardships throughout their journey.

This is the story of a few Transcenders

Who lost many things along their climb...

To pursue power, revenge, justice and love.

...

'Twas the year 2220. A long time ago. The Amon guild had been flourishing ever since its birth. 20 years had flown by in an instant. The Amon guild's headquarters was a tall skyscraper located in Blue City, the core of the guild. Many people, such as the Amon family, lived there.

January 20th, 2220 was Rico Amon's birthday. He was now 11 years old. Just like his mother, he had pink skin and even pinkier eyes. His head was as round as it could get, and his neck was barely noticeable. Rico and his parents were patiently awaiting breakfast.

"Rico, please stop playing with your utensils!" implored the mother, Elis Leon.

"Leave him be honey. Today's his day," reminded Daniel Amon, the father.

While Rico was unquestionably his son, they looked very different. This was seen because of Daniel's triangle-shaped ears and bushy eyebrows. Rico and Elis did not even have eyebrows.

Of course, the difference could also be seen in their skin tone, the father's skin being the pale ivory type. Moreover, their body type was also different. Rico was much more chubby than Daniel.

As planned, the first meal of the day was a giant omelet.

"Thank you!", praised the family all at once as the old maiden arrived with the food, serving them.

This one's name was Rosette. She had been their maiden since before Rico was even born.

Daniel was the first to take a bite out of the omelet. He laughed. "It sure is great to be able to eat like this every day!"

Elis took a sip of her morning coffee. "Yes, 20 years ago, I could never have imagined any of this!"

"Yeah, being the Guild Leaders of this giant territory sure is..." Daniel couldn't finish his sentence. He felt like something was stuck in his throat.

'I can't breathe!' he thought. The feeling didn't end at his throat. It soon overcame his entire body.

It was as if every vein in his body were about to explode from the inside.

Elis Leon couldn't help him at all. She too felt overwhelmed by this strange feeling. But, it didn't end as just a feeling.

When it seemed like Rico was about to take a bite out of the omelet, he heard a slight cry for help.

He looked up at his parents.

"Huh? what- MOTHER! FATHER!" Rico screeched as he stood up from his seat.

The Guild Leaders were covered in blood. It was endlessly pouring out of their blackened veins. In fact, their entire bodies had darkened.

"ROSETTE! HELP!" cried Rico.

The maiden came shortly after upon hearing her name.

...

While his family was eating breakfast, Rico's older brother, Aaron Amon, was attending school. More precisely, the prestigious "Amon Combat School."