Chapter 7 - Coup d'État (6)

"Fine then. Both of you, come at me!" Marc kicked the pistol next to Aaron's bed and ran toward Crow and Zomb.

Already injured, he knew he couldn't beat them in a 2-on-1 fight.

Marc threw a water jet at Crow. He was forced to halt his dashing and block it with his arms.

Zomb quickly realized that he could take advantage of this. He stabbed Marc in the abdomen by taking Marc's punch.

"What are you doing here, Crow?!" questioned Zomb.

"I've been sent to watch over you so that you don't make another mistake!" Crow's arms were hurting badly.

A few meters afar, Aaron noticed Marc's plan. He took the pistol that he had sent him earlier. "I can't fail this shot"

Keeping the heavy bullet mode that Marc had set the gun to, he fired a bullet at Zomb. *POW!* He shot him. A big gap appeared between Zomb's neck and his left shoulder. Blood started pouring out.

Marc grinned, "He did it!"

*POW!* A second shot was fired. Crow managed to avoid it, but Marc was ready for him. *Bang!* Marc's fist collided with Crow's helmet. He fell to the ground. "This is it! Die!" Marc charged his next punch with water.

"I can't let you kill him!" shouted Zomb. His hand was touching his mask.

Using his illusionist powers, he made the whole room shine.

Marc felt like he was staring straight at the sun. Moreover, his eyes weren't adjusted to the light since he and the others were previously fighting in the dark. This caused his fist to miss Crow's head.

The light soon disappeared. Marc blinked. "Huh? They are gone. What was the light?!"

Rico elevated his upper body and rubbed his eyes. "What... happened?"

"Zomb is an illusionist. He can do stuff like that, I guess," replied Aaron.

"Well, that's that. You can call me Marc. Prepare to leave kids. I'll go get my wounds healed."

...

After a bit of walking, Aaron, Rico and Marc finally arrived in an old abandoned underground metro.

"We're here. That's our train," said Marc. The metro train's main colours were dark grey and azure blue. It was very long and dust had gathered up over the years among other things. The reason they chose to use this metro was simple. It had long been forgotten, so leaving this way would help them keep their location hidden.

Marc jumped inside the control room and Aaron followed him. "Rico, get in. We must hurry."

Once Rico got in, Marc sat on a chair and made sure the Metro would go on the right track. He then pushed a lever and touched a few more buttons. "Why is it not starting?"

He tried again. There was no reason for it not to work since he was the one who brought the train here in the first place.

"Could it be because- Shit! They anticipated! Get out!"

He hypothesized that the enemy had done something to the train.

They quickly got out, but nothing happened. Rico looked back at the train. "Shouldn't the train explode in this scenario?" They could have killed them easily like that. However, Jacob already had plans for Rico.

Marc pondered, "Could I have been mistaken?"

While these two were questioning the situation, Aaron took a look around. The lamps on the ceiling were still emitting light and the stairway that they took previously was still there. Suddenly, he saw a grey figure rushing towards them!

"DUCK!"

*SLAAAASH* The grey figure flew over them at an incredible speed and attempted to slice Aaron's and Marc's heads apart.

It was Crow. This time, his sword was unsheathed and he wanted revenge. He was back.

"Hey."