Chapter 11 - Underground City Cleanup (2)

After entering the building from the partition on the roof, Alex and Isaac walked down a few stairs. They found themselves in a small room used for storage. On the other side was a grey metal door.

Opening the metal door, Alex looked around carefully. The whole floor was one big room with a few walls in between sections. In each section, different sets of furniture were displayed.

Antique desks, beds and couches were the most present. There were also a few more modern things such as sleeping capsules. If they didn't know about the slave business, they would've thought Antique Furnitures was just a normal furniture brand.

"Okay, now we have to make our way down. Christiana, show us the way," demanded Alex, walking out of the small room.

Christiana responded, "Here you go." She pressed the 'enter' key on her keyboard.

Isaac and Alex could see everything. The walls and furniture were now transparent. A red marker indicated the elevator. Apart from the red marker, the only colour they could see was the blue transparent colour for objects and the colours of any living thing.

There was nothing hidden on this floor. The two brothers started walking toward the elevator.

"Alex, there are people over there." Three guards were coming from the opposite direction.

"Follow me."

Isaac and Alex quickened their pace and got past the guards without any problem. Isaac may be young, but they were still wearing the security guard uniforms as a disguise.

They got inside the elevator. In total, there were fifteen floors. At the bottom of the board, a gap in the wall indicated that a special card was required to gain access to something.

"This might be what we are looking for," said Christiana.

Alex pressed the button which indicated B4, the lowest basement shown on the board. "If they have slaves, they are probably hidden underground."

A few seconds later, the elevator stopped on the fourth floor.

Isaac asked, "Why did it stop?"

"Oh..." He understood after looking around with the enhanced vision.

"Isaac, follow me."

The elevator's door opened. Two well-built workers appeared. Different from regular guards, these two wore red suits.

"Good afternoon," said one with a deep voice.

"Good afternoon." Without showing his face, Alex smoothly got out of the elevator. Isaac followed after him.

However, one of the two strong men turned around. "Hey wait a minute!"

Alex looked back. "What?"

"Show us your IDs. Both of you."

Alex hesitated, "Uh...Isaac, do it."

The "it" didn't refer to showing any identification card.

Understanding what Alex meant, Isaac started charging electricity in one of his hands.

The two guards frowned. "Why are you releasing magic? Hold on, you two don't work here!"

One of the guards reached for his pistol, but he didn't have enough time.

*ZAPZZZT!* The elevator was made out of metal. That metal was a good conductor. Both of the guards fell to the floor with burn marks all over their bodies.

"Good job, Isaac. Let's hide them for now. They should be sleeping for a few hours."

They hid the two inside a wide closet. Before closing the doors, Alex took one of their identification cards.

'Security supervisor' was written below the name.

Alex showed it to Isaac. "This might be the card we need."

Christiana saw the card through Isaac's eyes. "Nice, then go down, but please be careful. If there is indeed a hidden floor, I probably won't be able to hack into it."

Back to the elevator, the card slid perfectly into the gap.

*Ding!* The elevator suddenly took off, going down.

After passing the fourth basement, they waited another ten seconds before arriving at the destination. Once the door opened, they ended up in a small enclosed room.

"Christiana, you there?" asked Alex

She didn't answer.

"Shit!"

After putting his hand on the wall and feeling the material, Isaac came to a conclusion. "This place is using electromagnetic shielding. We won't be able to connect to the outside world from here."

*Slide* On the opposite side, what seemed to be a wall started opening, sliding very slowly.

"Who are you? Are you agents from the Tremblay government?" A dark-skinned man appeared in front of them. He seemed very strong. Veins popped out of his big muscular arms. A red aura radiated around him.

Next to him, other men were pointing guns at the duo.

The room was much bigger than they had anticipated.

It wasn't just a small place to keep a few slaves, it was a giant laboratory!

Hundreds of cages were stacked on the left and right walls. Guards and workers in big vehicles were wandering around the area.

At the back, many scientists were conducting an experiment. There was a big strange alembic.

"Imprison them!"