Chapter 5 - Coup d'État (4)

"Dear passengers, please remain calm and evacuate the vehicle. The emergency doors will soon open." The bus's emergency system had started counting down "Emergency doors opening in 3 seconds". If the doors opened while they were inside the bus, they risked getting swept out and dying even quicker.

"Grab a hold of something!" ordered Miss Han.

"3... 2... 1." *Whumpth!* The emergency doors slid open. Everything and everyone inside of the bus was sent flying. Even the bus driver. She had lost consciousness since the start.

Rico, Aaron, and Miss Han seemed to be the only ones left. Their only hope was for someone or something to rescue them before the bus crashed on the ground. However, not everyone could resist the air's pressure.

"Ah! My hands are tired! Oops..." Rico's hands let go of the seat that he was clinging to. He started flying away.

"RICO!" Aaron went after him.

*Whoosh! Bam! Grab!*

"Phew! I managed to get a hold of Rico's hand, but what now? Shit!"

*Grab!*

Miss Han had followed after Aaron. She grabbed his leg and extended her right hand. I can't mess this up!

*Grab!*

Miss Han managed to grab a hold of the rear of the bus. "Don't worry. I got you!"

However, her hand slipped. "NO!"

Aaron's magic was depleted. Rico and Han hadn't learned any magic. The void was their enemy. It seemed like they would keep falling for about 30 seconds before crashing onto a building's rooftop. The only thing they could do was await their death. Or was it?

The miss tried to find a solution. She couldn't. "Ha~ does anyone have a way to get us out of this situation?"

Aaron looked back at her. "Um... I do have something. It worked with both Rico and me at the same time, but I don't have any magic left. And with the 3 of us.... We are too heavy!"

"Then, I guess this is the only way. Goodbye."

"Miss Han!"

She intentionally let go of Aaron.

Miss Han wasn't really enjoying the moment, but she had no regrets concerning her decision.

"This is it. I have lived long enough. God, if you exist, please let this sacrifice atone for all the sins I have committed. If this is what I have to do in order to save our guild, then so be it."

Aaron understood that she was about to die for them. He took the pistol that he had been grabbing a hold of since before he even grabbed Rico's hand. "Hold on to this pistol! We'll need your mana! This is the only shot we got!"

They fired the hook and it stuck to a window in a tall building. There were people on the other side having a conference. "We did it..."