Chapter 89 - Battle of Slitherland (7)

Seth turned around. He spotted Isaac. The young mage fired red magic beams from the office building.

The skeleton woman blocked all of his attacks with her barriers. She was desperately holding on. Isaac threw a spear and guided it skillfully while distracting her with two more rays. She dived down quickly, so the spear only scratched the back of her skull before dissipating.

Isaac noticed someone approaching in the corner of his vision. It was a woman with short blonde hair wearing a dark blue buttoned jacket. She stepped over a skeleton's head and jumped over another, floating like a leaf while avoiding their attacks.

Isaac kept the skeleton wizard distracted. He didn't want to spend too much mana, fearing he would lose control.

The soldier suddenly jumped five meters up with wind magic and landed on the injured wizard's shoulders.

-Crunch

As her long black knives perforated its skull, the skeleton plummeted to the road and shattered into parts.

The mage jumped into the office from the broken window, scanned Isaac with her pale blue eyes, and smiled.

"Who are you?" Isaac asked. He would have looked surprised if not for his blank expression after using red magic.

"Nice to meet you, Isaac Tremblay. I'm Anne Galewood. I come from the Tremblay Guild just like you." The wind magician placed her long knives around her waist. Multiple throwing knives were also on her belt.

He shook her hand and noticed she had an all-purpose watch under her sleeve.

Far away, Zephyr Dragos stood on the edge of the rooftop.

"Let's move!"

As his legs straightened, his body swung at a hundred kilometres per hour towards Slitherland.

-Bang!

He landed in the middle of the street. All eyes were on him and the other reptoids who followed him.

"Hello!" Zephyr waved at Seth, who had walked past the gate.

Two more wizards arrived, bringing more skeletons along. There were also many reptoids mixed in.

Isaac and Anne jumped from the office and joined Seth Rayn and the army.

"Leave him to me and fight against the others," Seth ordered.

The two sides fought around the two leaders. The reptoids were stronger than the skeletons. Regular bullets didn't do much against them. However, there weren't enough reptoids to fight against the Western Army. No one could tell which side was winning.

Zephyr was amused. "Seth Rayn, is it?"

Seth spoke in a grave tone. They were standing just far enough to attack one another. "I've heard of you. Ejiro and Aaron told me that you're a madman."

"Ha!" Zephyr frowned. He fired his laser shotgun at Seth.

The master disappeared, and the bullets penetrated his afterimage. Zephyr couldn't turn around in time. Seth brought his hand to his back, casting a shadow that enveloped his body and immobilized him.

The reptoid spoke with the corner of his lips. He didn't look troubled, confident in his armour's protection. "These two guys, huh? My wife killed them."

Scanning his silver armour, Seth realized there weren't any gaps to kill him with a physical attack. He started to suffocate Zephyr within the shadow.

"No, you got it wrong. Aaron and Ejiro are fine. I spoke to them a few hours ago."

"Hm?!" Zephyr's eyes were wide open. He tried to speak to no avail. If the two mages his wife captured escaped, what happened to her?

Zephyr bit his lip to remain lucid. With one thought, the two chains on his back propelled toward Seth's face.

"Damn!" The man let go of Zephyr, dodging to the side. The reptoid was already running away and jumped before Seth's shadow on the ground could catch him.

Seth rolled away hurriedly and hid behind a car as a trail of magic and explosive bullets followed behind him.

He took a peak at Zephyr. He was still firing at him from the air. "This won't be an easy fight."

Author's note: Hello! I'm still planning on releasing two "extra" chapters in the following weeks. I can't guarantee when, however. Also, I'm considering changing the chapter titles a little bit. Instead of dividing the titles by parts, I'll divide them into smaller arcs. At least, I'll do it for part 7 since it's a single title for over 30 chapters. See you soon.