Chapter 67 - Obscure War (6)

Gabriella sat at the end of the table. There was Jenna and Luo to her left, Isaac to her right, and on the other side, the new helper. They were all dressed in formal clothes. Gabriella's face bore an air of seriousness as she crossed her arms.

"The Western Alliance and the DA have discussed a plan. It must stay secret; don't tell anyone else." Stephen Cure looked around the secure room, his gaze fixing a small mirror, Jenna's pen and the air vent.

"There aren't any cameras," Gabriella assured him, "Tell us about 'the plan' now."

"There are three territories which are relatively weak right now as the rulers have fallen at your hands. These are the fourth layer, the third layer, and the first layer. Of course, the easiest to take over is the fourth layer, governed by the vampires."

The DA strategist leaned forward towards the table and ran his finger across the interactive screen, highlighting multiple locations on the map in vivid red.

"However, to weaken the other layers and incite a rebellion, my team will be hacking into Tech-Think buildings, prying all the secret information we can and releasing it anonymously all over the Obscure Guild."

Gabriella crossed her arms slightly. She doubted the effect this would have on creating a rebellion. However, it would only broaden the DA's intel on the guild. She gestured with her hand, telling Stephen to proceed with his explanation.

"Acting shocked by the hacker groups' news, Gabriella will start openly opposing the two Seats in the media. Some physical fights between rebels and the government might occur, but this will also serve as a diversion for the soldiers and resources we'll quietly bring inside the walls."

"So you think revealing to the citizens that they could have a better life and telling them about the ongoing corruption will be enough to fuel outrage towards the entire government?" Jenna asked.

Luo nodded, "It does seem too petty. People don't just start a civil war in a matter of weeks. It takes time."

Gabriella pointed out more flaws. "It won't work. Commoners have gotten brainwashed. Everyone works for the government. Were they to suddenly stop, their livelihood would fade in an instant. Most would starve to death in a month. Plus, the nobles from the five cursed are all part of the oligarchy. As we killed their leaders, the snakes and the wolves would not welcome us, so it'd be hard to find any support there either."

"You're forgetting something. Throughout my 41 years living and travelling around the world, I have found that there are principles which can draw any group to act."

Gabriella's curiosity was gently stirred, her interest piqued.

"Freedom, knowledge and insurance. We'll give them a sentiment of liberty through the media, showing the people the system needs reform and what they could have were they to rally and make that happen. My crew will be in charge of this. You, on the other hand, will give them insurance. You will become their leader. Along with your vampires, you will raise your wings against the dictators and create a sentiment of hopefulness."

"This is going to be complicated. How long do we have to win?" The Vampiric Queen still wasn't convinced.

"As it stands, two months at most. The Topaz Guild isn't backing down from the war. The objective is to take control of the Obscure Guild once and for all, but as long as we keep the army inside, trying to stop us instead of assisting the Topaz Guild, we'll have done our part."

"Alright. That seems more reasonable."

"Don't worry, Gabriella. We'll help you," Isaac said. "I'm sure Aaron and the others are doing all they can to raise our chances."