Chapter 48 - Obscure Guild (3)

Seth, Ejiro and Gabriella were in the second layer, Etheria City. As the three walked in the busy street, they wondered how they could infiltrate the Tech-Think building.

The young vampiric queen, forced to act as their guide despite being a hostage, reviewed the plan. "Tech-Think governs all of the information inside the guild. If I'm right, there's a way to get above the Obscure Guild's roof. But, Seth, you can sneak anywhere with your shadow magic or whatever the name is. Couldn't you just sneak us over the gates instead of doing such a risky thing?"

Seth Rayn frowned. "Oh, I could sneak us in without being seen by the cameras and guards, but the Obscure Guild's mana sensors surveil every gate. I can't get us past those."

"Alright, you said earlier that we can also get intel here. How?" Ejiro asked Gabriella, skeptical.

"It's just based on what I've heard about Tech-Think. I don't know how you'll get it," Gabriella responded, breathing quickly, "I've never been there myself, but I know of a few buildings like this one, and they generally have a way to get above the roof. Even nobles don't normally go there if only to take a small dose of sunlight."

Gabriella was scared of revealing too much information to the DA. The Obscure Guild was her home, and her father would be disappointed in her if things leaked, and he had gotten scarier ever since his wife died. However, contacting the outside world was impossible from the guild, and she was sure that Seth and Ejiro wouldn't get far in life.

'Once we get to Vamp City, my father will kill them.' with this in mind, she chose to cooperate until then.

"The problem is that we'll get lost in this endless concrete desert without a GPS and a map."

Gabriella sighted.

They had arrived in the parking lot at the foot of the Tech-Think tower. The building's sliding doors closed behind a few workers who had just gone inside. Construction noise echoed from a distant building, and the large pipes near the street rattled loudly.

"Take this," Seth handed Gabriella a communication device to conceal in her ear.

"You'll be able to communicate with Ejiro and I. I'll move in the shadows and start from the lower floors. You two will fly up and scout the upper floors.

"If you find something, report it to me. We're looking for anything important, but our goal is finding a map of the Obscure Guild that we can use with a GPS."

"That seems simple enough." Ejiro flew up in his vampiric form.

Seth watched Gabriella and Ejiro each find their way up. The roofscrapper was gigantic, no doubt one of the biggest ones in the Obscure Guild. Moreover, it was well-guarded. Yet, Seth Rayn didn't see it as a threat. He and Ejiro probably wouldn't get caught and could easily escape if they did. The only variable was if Gabriella would cooperate.

...

The first floor was spread across a thousand square metres but separated into different sections. There was a cafeteria and an entrance. The other rooms had games, such as a pool, and places to lounge during a break from work.

There weren't many people there since it was three in the afternoon. Seth came out of a dim square room and spotted someone passing by. Without hesitating, he pulled him inside the dark room and shut the door.

Laying on the floor, the employee was terrified and confused as he attempted to scream, yet not a breath came out. As soon as the lights turned on, he saw an old mage in a dark robe pointing his steel staff at him. "Hey, do you want to live?"

The worker trembled as he nodded his head.

"Alright," Seth went straight to the point. "Tell me everything about this building's layout."