Chapter 71 - Obscure War (10)

The female reptoid instantly attacked Isaac, punching him across the underground parking lot. As she focused her attention on him, Erika's eyes glowed blue. She launched water at her. However, the water had so much power that it cut like a knife.

It seemed like Erika imagined a gun while shooting the water from her fingers. The reptoid avoided as best she could and hid behind a pillar. She had gotten hit in the back.

"Even water can cut like a knife if you're good enough!"

Isaac found himself on the floor. The car into which he had collided had a big dent. He stood up as his wounds had already healed.

"Where is she?"

Erika pointed at the pillar while saying simultaneously, "I've lost track of her..." to attack the reptoid by surprise.

"They don't know where I am... That woman is strong, so I'll need to play it safe-"

However, Isaac launched a red magic beam, breaking the pillar and shattering her body into pieces despite all her sturdy scales.

"We need to leave. Now!" Erika ran towards the entrance. Isaac followed her.

"Watch out!" Isaac noticed another reptoid going towards Erika.

-Pah!

Erika fell to the ground as he hit her back, breaking her spine. The male reptoid aimed his hand cannon at her. He was about to fire when Isaac threw a red orb, sticking onto the enemy's hand.

"Huh?" It glowed more and more before exploding on his hand. The explosion wasn't very potent, but just enough to break his fingers and handgun.

Despite the excruciating pain, Erika got on her feet and attacked him. The man narrowly avoided her water attacks.

Isaac had finished preparing. "Get back!"

Erika launched herself away with water streams as Isaac shot a red magic beam toward the reptoid. It would have been enough to kill him if another reptoid hadn't intervened, pulling him away from certain death.

"Let's attack together," said the new reptoid. The male reptoid was much taller than the two others. His muscles seemed artificial, and his scales were like metal armour.

Erika was shocked. She couldn't move yet because of the pain.

-Slice!

"What?" She gasped.

A knife had penetrated her chest. She felt another reptoid's breath against her hair. It came from behind. "There were more?..."

Isaac stared at her. The blue glow in Erika's eyes slowly watered down. He felt her soul leaving her body. She was dead.

The three reptoids approached him. The one in the middle was tougher, rougher than the two others. He was the taller one. The two by his side had lighter builds. They were quick on their feet.

Extending his two arms, Isaac didn't hesitate to attack the sturdier one, firing red magic with optimal mana control. The beam was a direct hit. Its radius was big; even the two others had to dodge. Yet the strong reptoid remained still. Once the red mist from Isaac's attack cleared, Isaac realized he was unscathed.

Isaac cursed at the big reptoid and summoned two spears while running away. Once he had enough distance, he launched them towards him. They shattered instantly upon hitting the monster's scales. He cast another beam as a follow-up attack, but it was useless.

The lighter reptoids were closing in. Only one had a knife. Isaac summoned a red-magic shield to block the stab, but the other reptoid kicked his stomach.