Chapter 81 - Obscure War (20)

Bryan Moon was inside an abandoned apartment. He had flown up into a window with a clear view of the round-shaped dome, an immense research complex in the city's center.

Into his binoculars, he could see the many guards patrolling Karl City's grey dome. While there was a single entrance, the mage had found another way in.

The sewage system had been constructed underground instead of around the complex. It differentiated the dome from the rest of the city, punctured by countless overground pipes. However, it made it easier to break in.

The third layer's army had opened the gate on the south side, far from the dome. Gabriella was already inside the city, fighting against reptoids, mages and robots. The battle had begun an hour ago.

Figuring that waiting for the Western Army would only put Aaron and Ejiro at risk, the wind mage twins sneaked into the dome's lowest floor, releasing them during the distraction.

"You must be wondering what I'm doing here while there's a war going on above ground." However, Stana, who didn't care about Karl City, blocked their path.

In the echoing corridor, Aaron asked beneath his heavy breath, "Gabriella? Is she here?"

"Yes, she came to your rescue, but it's too late now," The reptoid licked her radiant red lips.

The wind mage twins, Adam and Ariella, stepped forward. "Let's end this quick."

...

Gabriella Rivampe dived towards a reptoid in silver plating. The long-haired reptoid saw her but didn't have time to fire her laser rifle. Gabriella kicked her with gravitational force, unbalancing her, and struck her claws up her jaw. Reptoids didn't have scales beneath their chin, making it their weak point.

There were more reptoids than Gabriella expected, but they were all weak and untrained.

'I'm done here, I should find Christopher.' She raised her wings and flew across the battlefield.

Everything was going well, too well. The werewolves were tearing apart humans on the road, but only soldiers. They left the citizens in their homes. A nearby tank exploded as the werewolves advanced along the city's edge.

She flew deeper North. The amount of werewolves gradually diminished as she flapped her wings. It came to a point where there were only a few hundred werewolves, the strongest ones. She finally found Christopher Fireblood at an intersection where a broken street pole was lying flat, its other half on the grass.

Blood stained his white fur. Gabriella landed on a pipeline and watched from above.

The reptoids were fiercer in the frontline. One of them, in particular, looked very dangerous. The eight-foot-tall reptoid bore a massive scar spanning his chest and an eyepatch over his left eye. He wasn't wearing armour, but his scales were thick and as sturdy as iron. He was the reptoid that had caught Ejiro.

Christopher jumped, aiming for his head, but the reptilian stepped back and threw a reverberating punch at him. The werewolf bounced up and fell far away, crashing into a concrete wall. In human form, he coughed blood on the ground as he stood up.

Gabriella flew down next to him. "Maybe we should fight him together?"

"Urgh, fine." Christopher Fireblood hid underneath his fur and ran towards the reptoid.

The opponent readied his fists. "Come at me!"

Gabriella quickly flew behind him. His elbow strike missed, so he tried jumping to avoid her follow-up attack, but Christopher was already on his leg, munching on its scales.