Chapter 19 - Temporary (6)

"KILL THEM!" Rico was in a furry. His fun had been interrupted by the two dark magicians before him.

*BVOOOOM!*

A red beam came out of Explo's cannon, but Christiana was ready. It was blocked.

At the same time, John secretly sent two black needles in Rico's direction. However, Crow, familiar with his ability, had been keeping an eye on him.

In a fraction of a second, Crow swiftly flowed in front of Rico and slashed the needles far away with his sword.

"Y-you!" Rico, who had seen everything that happened, couldn't help but flinch.

"Kill them already!"

Suddenly, his eyes started to glow pink.

'Which type of magic is that?' The opponents had no idea what type of magic made this pink glow.

A sudden burst invigorated Rico's guards from within. They felt twice as strong. 'That's Rico's ability!'

A bit farther away, John and Christiana felt the opposite effect. Christiana looked at herself worriedly. "What's happening? Why do I feel weaker than usual?"

Crow didn't waste a second. He dashed at her with his slim sword.

*Wooosh!*

"Ah!" Christiana desperately set a shield and tried to duck.

"Christiana!" John threw his needles toward Crow.

*BVOOM!* Explo reacted quickly. Charging her cannon with enough power took less time because of Rico.

"Ouch!" John was lying on the ground next to the ship. His body was burned and bruised.

Someone walked down the S-Craft's folding stairs. "It seems like you need my help."

The man held a shotgun in his hand on [Knockback Mode]. It was Henri Tremblay. He had been waiting for a good moment to take the opponents by surprise.

*POW!* Crow had gotten knocked far away.

Explo was astounded.

*POW!*

*POW!* Rico was the last to get knocked out of the building's rooftop.

The old man who had been playing dead this whole time finally got up and thanked the members of the Snowrider faction.

Rico, Crow and Explo were falling closer and closer to the ground.

"Hold on to me!" Crow shot air out of his limbs which slowed down their falling speed.

But it wasn't enough.

*BVVV~*

*VOOM!*

Explo used her beam's recoil to resolve the problem by overcoming gravity as if they were in some superhero movie.

Everyone survived the fall without getting hurt. Rico looked up at the fifteen-storey building.

"DAMMIT!"

...

A few hundred kilometres afar. Another battle was going on in the northern part of the guild. Cities were burning, and boats were exploding. The enemy, the Topaz guild, had taken over North Tremblay.

What would be the fate of the Tremblay Guild? Would a miracle happen, or would their worst nightmare be realized?

Here's a small 500 words chapter. The next chapters will release next Sunday as per usual.