Chapter 32 - Hellish City (9)

Aaron's hand was still bleeding, so he couldn't do much to help.

Ejiro put him down on the other side of the window in a small office where the minister's dead body was.

Ejiro Sani and Gabriella Rivampe still flew outside.

There was a big bloody gap in the side of Ejiro's head.

Gabriella looked at him, terrified. "Y-you, how can you wake up so fast?..."

"I was turned into a vampire by your mother. I also grew my power a lot during my stay in this city."

Gabriella, a pure vampire, was faster on foot than Ejiro, a high vampire. However, she lacked experience due to her young age.

Her flight wasn't perfect, and she couldn't fight while flying.

Licking his lips, Ejiro leaped into the air towards his prey. His sharp black claws reached for the target's neck, but-

Gabriella made eye contact. She stood still, her gaze frozen in time.

Ejiro looked at her.

Cold tears fell down her cheeks from her watery eyes. Her lips quivered as she tried to speak, yet nothing came out.

The Vampire Hunter's smile lowered. He stopped his claws before they reached the young Vampiric Queen's neck.

...

"You aren't allowed to enter this tower without a permit. And clearly, you don't have one!"

"B-but..."

Isaac was at the foot of the White Tower. A security guard had stopped him when he tried to enter via one of the sliding doors. He had already gone up the steps that separated the White Tower and the street.

They stood next to the entrance on a vast, empty platform, setting up a stage for the growing public.

"Um..." Isaac looked at the crowd gossiping beneath him.

Suddenly, taking all the attention away from him, someone shouted, "Look! People are falling from the sky!"

As Isaac raised his head, he realized that person meant it literally. 'There they are!'

Holding both Aaron Amon and Gabriella Rivampe, Ejiro landed swiftly on the street. The people looked at them in disbelief.

"What a cool costume. The wings look so real!"

"And these fangs too."

"Are these guys mages?"

"Didn't you see them fly? Of course they are!"

"Wait, that doesn't look like a costume. Isn't he... a vampire?" The crowd of all ages looked at each other, yet none dared to follow up on that assumption.

The guard next to Isaac retreated inside the White Tower. Breaking the silence, he shouted,

"VAMPIRES! RUN!"

After a short moment, most of the public had gone or hidden away.

"Hey, Aaron! Ejiro!" Isaac ran to their side.

Ejiro and Aaron were still injured. He noticed Gabriella, who was wearing the anti-magic shackles.

"Who's that?"

"She's Gabriella Rivampe." Ejiro looked into Isaac's eyes.

'The pure vampire? I thought he wanted to kill her.'

Ejiro changed back to his human form. "I feel like I'm going to die."

"Hold on. I think I can heal you."

Isaac put his hands above Ejiro's head and emitted red magic. He could heal himself with it, so healing someone else didn't seem impossible.

After a few seconds, the gap in Ejiro's skull disappeared, leaving a bald spot. "What?! Since when have you been able to heal people?"

"I learned to heal myself with my new magic today. I figured it'd work on others as well. It's consuming a lot of mana points, though." Isaac held Aaron's broken hand until it became anew.

"Thanks, Isaac." Aaron was tired due to mana exhaustion. Using magic while wearing anti-magic shackles had taken a toll on him. However, the one with the binds was Gabriella now.

"Let's go back to my apartment."

...

*Ding!* The elevator's door opened.

The four of them arrived up the apartment without speaking a word.

On the right was Aaron, stressed and confused because of the silence.

To his right, Ejiro walked, trying to avoid Isaac's gaze.

Isaac was angry but kept his mouth shut.

Behind them, Isaac noticed Gabriella's expression. Gabriella looked at the floor. Shackles restrained her arm movements. Her eyes were reddish, and her face pale. Her visage voiced a hint of remorse and shame.

After settling down, Ejiro called someone on his flip phone. He gave them a full report of what had transpired.

"Yeah, that's what happened... I told you, the father wasn't there... Okay, bye."

Getting off the phone, he turned his head toward the three kids in the living room.

"Hey guys. I just called my master. We're heading out to Titan City in the West DA tomorrow."

Aaron, Isaac and Gabriella didn't say a word. Only Aaron gave him minimal attention by looking in his direction. Isaac lay on the couch, and between them was Gabriella, absent-minded.

"What? Have you guys never been there before?" Ejiro broke the silence.

"I have." Drinking a glass of water, Aaron avoided eye contact.

Isaac frowned. He then looked at the ceiling. "Ejiro, we need to talk."