Possessive

Dani's POV

  So far, making friends hasn't been a challenge at all.  Maddi seems pretty popular, so I guess I'm lucky that she's taken me under her wing. Also, there's that tall guy who spoke to my brothers out in the parking lot, somehow we have every class together, and he's been pretty great about showing me around.

"Hey, long legs, wait up!" I yelled, trying to keep up with Jax. I'm sure that he doesn't mean to get so far ahead, but his legs are like nine feet long. Jax slowed down a bit.

"At this pace, we're never going to get to lunch in time." He complained, with a playful grin on his face.

"Well, the people here treat you like royalty, so I'm sure that we'll have no trouble getting a spot." I teased. Jax rolled his eyes and took my hand, leading me down the hallway. There was an undeniable blush on my cheeks as he finally managed to pull me into the lunch room, which was way bigger than I was expecting.

Then, I caught sight of the cafeteria food. I nearly puked on the spot.

"We're not actually going to eat that stuff, right? It looks like dog food!" I asked, hoping to God that he would say that I didn't have to go through the lines for that.

"Oh, yeah. We always meet here before going off campus for lunch." He explained, and I let out a breath that I didn't even know that I was holding in.

Not long afterwards, my brothers, Maddi, and a pretty big group of others made their way in. Ryker looked straight at me the moment he was in the cafeteria, and he didn't miss Jax's hand on my shoulder. As if I would be so lucky that he wouldn't see it.

Surprisingly though, none of them said anything as they approached, or looked even the slightest bit upset. They greeted Jax with a nod, but that was it. No "If you hurt her I'll kill you" speeches or anything. It was a new development, but a welcome one.

I actually really like this guy.

A couple introductions later, I learned that the people with Maddi and my brothers were Luke, Xavier, Sarah, and Colin, one of my childhood friends that had convinced his family to move out here at the same time that we were moving.

"Alright, enough of this friendly chit chat! Let's go get burgers!" Maddi complained as she started walking towards the exit of the building, and we followed her.

So, as it turns out, the burger place by the school is owned by Luke's parents, who are actually really nice.

"So, Luke, are you a burger aficionado?" I asked in a joking manner. He just laughed it off.

"No, although I am quite picky when it comes to my mac and cheese." He said, and all the people at the table had a knowing look on their faces.

"If you think that you're bad about mac and cheese, you should see Zeke with nachos." I laughed, and Zeke gave me a look.

"Okay, I'm sorry that I don't like plastic cheese on my nachos." He quipped, and I rolled my eyes. Sure, it's just the cheese, Zeke.

"These burgers are really good, though." I complimented, and Luke smiled. The casual conversation continued to flow throughout our lunch period, but any time I came into contact with another guy, I heard Jax let out what sounded like a shot growl, but I just shrugged it off.

I ignored it only until we were alone of course, as Jax had volunteered to drive me back and the car only had the two of us in it.

"What are those weird noises that you make?" I asked, breaking our comfortable silence. Jax seemed surprised by my sudden question, but answered anyway.

"What noises?" He asked, obviously trying to play it off.

"You know the "grrrr" ones." I said, trying to mimic his growling sound. He just laughed.

"If I told you why I made those noises you'd think I was crazy." He replied, and I rolled my eyes.

"I have three brothers. Try me." I said seriously. If he managed to say anything crazier than what my brothers managed to say on a daily basis, I would be impressed.

"You can't freak out when I tell you, okay?" He pulled the car over to the shoulder of the road and locked the doors.

"I'll be fine as long as you aren't a serial killer." I quipped, and he let out a short laugh.

"I'm a werewolf." He admitted, and I tried to say something, but no words came out of my mouth.

"I know it sounds crazy." He sighed. I scoffed. Crazy doesn't even cover half of it. Thinking that you can turn into a wolf is straight up delusional.

"You bet your paranormal ass it sounds crazy!" I exclaimed, suddenly realizing why he had locked the doors. He didn't want me to run away. "The one time my brothers let me flirt with a guy, he turns out to be a complete psycho!" Jax growled at my choice of words.

"I'm not crazy, and I can prove to you that I'm a werewolf." He growled again. Gosh, it's like growling is his primary form of communication.

The grunt-y growl-y caveman stormed out of the car, and walked up to one of the pine trees on the side of the road. I stepped out to get a better look at what he was doing. Jax took a step back from the tree, stretched his arms for a few seconds, and then swung at the tree, breaking it in half. Just to make sure that he wasn't cheating, I inspected the fallen tree to make sure that he hadn't chosen a hollow dead tree. After about thirty seconds of deliberation, I determined that he, in fact, was not cheating.

"Okay, so I can accept that you have super strength, but what about the werewolf part? How does punching a tree in half prove that you're a werewolf?" I asked, being difficult on purpose.

"I'm not going to shift right now, because I actually like the clothes that I'm wearing." He snapped, and I backed off. "And also, I have another thing to tell you." He admitted, and I face palmed. Of course there's something else. There's always something else.

"And what might that be?" I asked, knowing that I would probably regret my curiosity later.

"You're my mate." He said quickly, and I stood there, shocked.

"Your what?" I nearly yelled, my voice laced with disbelief.

"My Mate. My other half. Every werewolf has a mate, a person that they're meant to be with, and you're mine." He said quickly, taking me into his arms. I didn't resist.

"I'm being punked." I muttered under my breath. "In  a few seconds a guy with a camera is going to hop out and tell me that it was just a social experiment when I get super pissed off." Jax just looked at me with an amused expression on his face.

"As an Alpha wolf, I like to mark my territory, so don't freak out if I bite into your neck, okay?" He asked, and I freaked out.

"Bite into my neck? Why!" I panicked, and Jax pulled me closer.

"It's just part of the mating process." He shrugged, and I was not calmed even the tiniest bit.

"The mating process?"

"Yeah, I mark you as my mate, and then we, you know, mate." He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Jax, I'm not ready for any of that." I said, and his grip loosened a little but so that he could look me in the eyes.

"And nobody is expecting you to be."

Still much much more editing to do

-Typewriter