The Rouge

■■■■

Jax's POV

  It has been about an hour since I left Dani in the room, and she hasn't escaped yet. Maybe I should use handcuffs more often. They seem to be doing their job properly, unlike some of my border patrols.

"What do you mean a rouge is in the territory! " I roared.

"Alpha, this rouge is very powerful! He has already severely injured three wolves!" My Gamma pleaded. He knew I was pissed. Why would I not be? The rouge got past my best gaurd patrol!

"Just find the rouge and put him in the cells." I growled. He just nodded his head and scurried away.

Dani's POV

  No matter how hard I tried, the handcuffs wouldn't budge. Or the headboard. I haven't been able to find any paperclips or bobby pins close enough to reach, and no amount of shaking the bed has gotten anyones attention.

Then I got an idea.

I screamed as loud as I could, trying to sound like I was in trouble. Jax was in our room within seconds.

"What happened!" He asked, frantically searching the room for danger.

"I'm bored." I complained. His panic was replaced with releif, which was soon replaced with anger.

"So you just scream bloody murder?" He asked incredulously. I nodded my head.

"Fine I'll uncuff you, but you have to stay in my office." He sighed.

Ah, sweet freedom.

"You're not really going to keep me at the pack house forever, right?" I asked, hoping that he would say 'you can go back to your family now.' Speaking of family, how are my brothers doing? I haven't seen them in at least a couple hours, and they are the reckless, overprotective, and. . . special type.

"Nope." He replied popping the 'p'.

"Why!" I groaned.

"Because you are mine." He said with finality.

"Sometimes you make me want to burn teddy bears." I commented as I followed him to his office.

He gave me an odd look before asking "Why?"

"Because I like you, but I don't at the same time and I'm just really conflicted, and yeah." I confessed.

Jax just nodded his head like he felt the same way. I bet he doesn't really like me. It's probably just the mate pull.

"Would you like me even without this stupid mate pull?" I asked in a whisper. Jax looked at me like I was the craziest person in the world.

"Do you even need to ask?" He asked.

"Sometimes I just doubt that you would like me for me, and not because of emotion-controlling magic." I said softly. By now, we were already in his office, and he pulled me closer into him.

******JAX'S POV******

"Dani, you are the single most  beautiful woman I have ever met, and you mean the world to me. I would think that even without the mate pull." I said seriously. It saddens me to think that the only reason I want to be around her is the mate pull.

"Okay" she whispered.

Even though I handcuff her to my bed, and get angry easily, I still love her.

"Would you please stay here willingly? I'd hate to have to keep on handcuffing you." I joked trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah." She replied, now seeming more confident with herself than before. At this great news, I pickled her up and spun her around in the air, causing her to giggle.

Her laugh is like music to my ears.

]]] Dani's POV [[[

"Have you ever realized how moody you are?" I asked. Even though he is my mate, he is the most moody person that I know.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"So what big bad alpha business are you dealing with today?" I asked

"Well, apparently, we have a rouge on our territory." He said, his relaxed attitude turning tense.

"It can't be-" right as I was about to say 'that bad', a man burst into the office.

"Alpha, the rouge is demanding to see you!" The man shouted, seemingly unaware of my presence.

"Tell him that if I do see him it will only be because I'm tearing his flesh off his bones." Jax growled. The man looked shaken, but he spaced off for a second, telling me that he was mind-linking the gaurds near the rouge.

"He said that he doesn't want to fight you. That he just wants to talk." The man said. Now, he was trembling. I guess Jax really is intimidating.

°°°°°Jax's POV°°°°°

"You know what? Since this petty rouge is so determined to talk, take me to him." I sighed.

This better be important.

The one thing on my mind as I walked down into the dungeon, was 'what could possibly be so important, that somebody would cross into my territory without permission?'

"We're e here." My Gamma mumbled ad he stopped in front of one of the cells.

"What could possibly be so important, that you just absolutely needed to talk to me." I growled.

"Alpha, this is one of the biggest threats to the werewolf race that there has been in centuries." The rouge said seriously.

"When I was in the cells of the Moonclaw Pack, I heard the gaurds discussing something." He said with a dramatic pause.

"Well, get on with it!" I urged. If this somehow endangers my mate, I need to know.

"They're breeding wolves that have... powers. I'm not sure how, but they are. I saw it myself.

Bullshit.

"And why am I -an alpha- supposed to believe you -a rouge-?" I questioned.

"Jax, don't you recognize me?" The rouge asked. About now was the first time I decided to get a proper look at his face.

And then, my world stopped.

-------

-Typewriter