Weird Grandma

~|Dani's POV|~

Even a couple days after being connected to the pack mind link, I'm still getting used to having a bunch of different voices in my head.

I've finally gotten the hang of shielding my thoughs, but it gets difficult at times. Jax has been pestering me nonstop, and the threats of being attacked have gone up.

Just yesterday, we got a call from Alpha Douchebag, and he doesn't take kindly to our blatant refusal. He wants to kill all humans, but that would never solve anything. He would have to kill off half of the earths population.

"Dani, go to sleep." Jax pressured, it is currently three in the morning, and I'm on my phone, stalking people on twitter.

"I dont want to!" I groaned, sounding like a little kid, causing Jax to chuckle.

He took my phone out of my hands, and put it on his side of the bed.

"Hey!" I protested, trying to reach my phone, but he just draped a barrel-sized arm over me, severly restricting my movements.

"Go to sleep." He ordered, pulling me into his chest.

"I'm being oppressed." I mumbled as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up alone.

This made my wolf whimper - the one that had given me a long list of her terms and conditions just after I had shifted, I was shocked by her sudden appearance, but Jax assured me that it was normal. - but I wasn't as upset. This happened occasionally, Jax would have alpha duties, and would leave me to sleep in.

I slowly pulled off the covers, and almost threw myself back into my warm cacoon of sheets, but I forced myself to get out of bed.

I shivered as my feet hit the cold hardwood floor, and walked out the door.

Even the hallways were eerily quiet, and suddenly, every shadow and dark room seemed sinister.

As I made my way down the stairs, I prepared myself for some sort of surprise, but there was none. Again, I was looking at an empty home, and my footsteps were echoing off the walls.

I cringed every time a floorboard creaked, or I heard indescribable noises from elsewhere in the house.

I finally decided on going to the kitchen, because if anyone was in the house right now, they'd probably be eating.

As I neared the kitchen, my uneasiness was replaced with releif, as I heard the sound of pots and pans clanging together.

"Who is it?" I heard an old woman sing, as she made breakfast.

"It's Dani." I replied, my own voice surprising me, as it came out quiet and hoarse.

"You sound like you need a glass of water, dear." The old woman laughed, with a sparkle in her young-looking eyes.

"I'll be fine." I replied, still a bit unsure of this woman.

"Well then, have some bacon at least." She said, pushing a plate of mouth watering bacon infront of me.

I picked up my fork, and just as I was about to stab it into the food, I looked up, to see her eagerly watching me.

"I'm sorry, I never got your name." I commented, placing my fork next to my plate.

"Oh, I'm Matilda, but most people just call me Granny." She replied, with her eyes still on my bacon.

Come to think of it, I have never seen this woman around the pack house before.

"So, Matilda," I started, a bit more cautious this time. " Do you know where the pack is? I couldn't help but notice how empty the house is."

"Oh, they're all out training, something about soon to be wars. But, boys will be boys." She shrugged, still looking at the bacon

"Honey, eat. You must be starving." She pressured.

What is so important about me eating this bacon?

"I'm really sorry, but I'm not hungry right now." I apologized, pushing the bacon away from myself, not trusting the food, or Matilda.

The old woman just looked at me in the eyes before speaking, in a much deeper voice.

"Will you drink some water at least?" She asked, slightly tilting her head to the side, her eyes changing to a sickly yelow.

"No, I'm not thirsty." I mumbled, backing out of the kitchen, but the old woman followed me. In response, I ran out of the kitchen.

"Come back, dear!" She called out when I was halfway to the door, her voice now sounding more like a man's.

HELP! I screamed through the pack link, rushing for the door.

"And just where do you think you're going? You haven't even eaten yet!" The old woman screeched, running closley behind me.

As I neared the door, my speed increased, but the woman tackled me to the ground.

"Who are you?" I spat, struggling in the hold of the thing on top of me. It's appearance was changing, and it was starting to look more like a man.

After awhile of not answering, it finally looked like a man in his early thirties.

He leaned down and put his mouth right next to my ear before whispering:

" I'm not a friend, sweetie."

"GET OFF OF ME!" I yelled, thrashing around, trying to get out of his grip. And to my luck, my knee landed in his crotch.

The man howled in pian, and let me go. I luckily made it to the door, but what I opened it to would scar my memory forever.

   -Typewriter