Seriously?

While I hadn't thought of it before, I really hope that the rooms are soundproof. Because if they aren't, well, actually, nevermimd. I don't want to think about it.

I moved around in the sheets, trying to get out of the bed, but tripped on them once I was out of bed.

I landed on the ground with a thud, and let out a loud groan. The morning is never kind to me.

"Why are you laying on the floor?" Somebody asked.

"Cause I can." I replied, my voice muffled. The person laughed, and I looked up to see who it was. It was Maddi, who was carrying a fresh set of clothes.

"Here, I figured that you'd need these." She explained tossing me the clothes.

"Why?" I asked, and then I realized.

"They couldn't hear you downstairs, but Luke and I got the other room up here. Keep it down next time." She said, an amused smirk on her lips. I gaped and grabbed the clothes before rushing to our bathroom.

It was a simple t-shirt and jeans, and I looked into the mirror, realizing what a mess I was. My hair was all over the place, my face was sickly pale, and I had dark bags underneath my eyes.

I washed my face before searching the cabinets for a brush. All I could find was new toothbrushes and toothpaste.

"Maddi, do you have a brush?" I called out into the room. I heard some rustling, but Maddi soon opened the door and handed me a brush, along with a makeup bag. How is she always so prepared?

I brushed out my wild mane, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in record time.

"Finally, now come on, let's go see the town." Maddi urged, pulling out car keys. Since when do we have a car? Maddi noticed my confusion.

"It's Xavier's uncle's car, he's letting us borrow it." She explained. Xavier has a pretty cool uncle.

*Jax's POV*

Somehow, Maddi had managed to convince me to let her and Dani go out for the day. While I know that they are both very capable of handling themselves, I sent a pack warrior to shadow them so that they don't get hurt.

"Jax, we have a problem." Luke announced, striding into my makeshift office.

"What is it?" I asked.

"This." He replied, setting a stack of papers on my desk. "A group of enhanced found us this morning, spouting insane nonsense about finding 'The Sanctuary', where they'll be safe from Alpha Coulson."

"How many?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ten, all of which are male, and are calling our new home this 'Sanctuary' that they have been seeking out." He said.

"Do you know where Seth is?" I questioned.

"Here!" Seth yelled from the living room as he jogged into my office.

"You heard about the enhanced, correct?" I inquired, and Seth nodded his head yes.

"Good. I will be accompanying you, but you need to speak to them, and if you recoegnize any of them, you need to tell us." I ordered. He nodded again, and Luke led us to where the enhanced were being held.

Luke and I entered first, and the men seemed somewhat on edge, but as soon as Seth stepped in, they seemed to relax.

"It's been a while, Seth." One of the men greeted

•Dani's POV•

"Maddi, I swear I'm going to strangle you if I have to try one more thing on." I threatened. Maddi rolled her eyes at me before shoving a dress in my hands.

"Is this your sick idea of fun? Shoving me into outfits I don't like, like I'm some dress up doll?" I asked in a loud voice, catching the attention of some other customers.

"Dani, stop, you're making a scene!" She whispered.

"I may be making a scene, but you, you are violating my most basic human rights!" I protested loudly. Some people were trying to cover up their laughs.

"Fine. Let's just go to one of those restaurants we saw." She groaned, setting down one of the awful outfits she was trying to force me in to. I cheered, skipping behind her on the way out of the store.

I got some odd glances as I skipped on the sidewalk, but it didn't bother me. I had just gotten Maddi to quit shopping, which is no small feat.

"Would you stop gloating?" She complained, giving me a light shove. I laughed and started walking normally as we entered a small cafe

"What would you like?" Asked a tired employee as we walked up to the counter.

*Jax's POV*

"They aren't a threat." Seth concluded. After almost an hour of interviews, he had finally made a descision. The one who had greeted him first was one of the people who helped him escape.

"That's a relief." I sighed before going into the interview room.

One of the men who was sitting comfortably in a chair turned around to face me.

"Why are you here?" I asked, standing up to my full height, trying to intimidate him.

"No need to puff yourself up, Alpha." He laughed, and I released a loud growl. It obviously scared him.

"Why are you here?" I demanded. The idiot had the nerve to scoff at me.

"To help fight, what else? You know, I like Seth more." The man commented.

"Just because you've been scientifically enhanced does not mean that you are stronger than me." I growled, getting in his face. "You seem to have forgotten who the alpha is here."

*Dani's POV*

"What do you wanna do now?" I asked as we finished our meals.

"I think we should head back, it's getting pretty late anyway." Maddi shrugged, picking up her bags.

We exited the cafe, and were greeted with an abandoned street. All of the shops had closed, and some even had metal caging against the windows. I guess Maddi and I had forgotten to check the time, as it was already dark out.

We walked down the sidewalk, the only sounds we could hear being our shoes on the pavement. Some of the street lights were flickering, and at this point the both of us were fast walking to the car.

We approached it, and Maddi fumbled with the keys for a second before unlocking the car and getting in the drivers seat. I hurried to get into the car, and a wave of relief hit as we sped away from the desolate street.

*

*

*

*

*

Creepy new town, creepy new people.

Feel free to comment, vote, and share!

-Typewriter