Quick Attack

"Let go of me, you brute!" I yelled, hitting Jax on the back. As soon as we had made it to the pack hose, he had scooped me out of the car and thrown me over his back. Again.

Jax made no reply as he opened the door to the pack house. I let out an irritated huff.

"Does the cave man not know how to speak?" I mocked, trying to get some kind of response out of him. He just shifted to carrying me bridal style, and I continued making sassy remarks. As he ascended the stairs, I knew that we were headed one of two places. His office, or our room, neither of which were places I wanted to be alone with him.

The pack members did nothing to intervene as I called out for help, because they were used to this.

Jax forcefully taking me places, me giving him shit for it every step of the way. Besides, the last guy who tried to 'save' me ended up with a broken arm.

"Calm down." Jax ordered, using our stupid mate bond to control my feelings. I immediatley relaxed in his arms, and he sat me down on the bed

"Go put this on." Jax ordered again, handing me the Victoria's Secret bag.

"No." I said, taking the bag and throwing it to the other side of the room. Jax visibly tensed before turning to me.

"Put. It. On." He ordered, trying to use the second mark, now. I felt hurt and betrayed that he would even try that on me. I used every bit of my willpower to stay seated on the bed. Jax wasn't in control right now, he would never do something like this, this is his wolf.

"I will not." I strained out, and Jax's face turned red.

"You will listen to me! You will obey me! I am your alpha, you have no choice!" Jax, but mostly his wolf yelled. I stood up from the bed, slowly backing away to the door, away from him, but he got in my face again. "Do not forget who you belong to. You are mine."

"Is everything okay in here?" Asked Seth as he opened the door. Entering the Alpha's private quarters, rookie mistake. His eyes widened, and he pulled me behind him. Thank you, Seth, for being so nice, strong - willed, and stupidly courageous all at the same time.

"Yes, everything is, now if you would let my mate go, it would be much appreciated." Jax growled out, glaring at Seth.

"No, man, you're not yourself right now. Don't do anything you're going to regret." Seth tried to reason.

"Do you even know who I am!?!" Jax roared, bits of hair spouting from underneath his skin.

"Do you underestimate my power?!?!" He yelled, stalking towards Seth, now looking more animal than man. Seth braced himself, and I knew what was about to happen.

Within seconds, Jax was in his wolf form, and on top of Seth, going for his throat. Seth managed to hold him off long enough to shift in his own wolf, which was only a bit smaller than Jax's.

"Jax, stop!" I yelled, trying to get to him, but I couldn't do that in human form.

I shifted into my wolf, my clothes ripping off, and I jumped into the middle of the fight.

I let out a ground shaking growl, and both Jax and Seth stopped. Jax tried to take Seth's pause as an advantage, but I jumped on top of him before he could do anything.

"Jax, get a hold of yourself." I said through our mate link, and even if he only relaxed a little bit, he relaxed.

"Let me go, Dani, I don't want to hurt you." Jax strained out. It was too late for that, though. He already had.

"I will let you go once you shift back." I replied, trying to have a soothing tone.

I felt him relax even more, taking deep breaths, and soon he was back in his human form. I looked back at Seth, silently thanking him, and then nodding him out of the room.

I hopped off of his chest, making my way into the bathroom and shifting back in there, grabbing a towel to cover myself on the way out. I peeked out the bathroom door, trying to see if he was still in the bedroom. When I didn't see him, I rushed to the closet, opening the door.

"I'm sorry." Jax whispered from behind me. I rolled my eyes. I'm not going to forgive him easily. Not this time. I stepped inside the closet, shutting the door.

"Dani, you've gotta listen to me." Jax pleaded, his voice slightly muffled by the door. I picked up an old looking backpack, and stuffed a bunch of my clothes in it, and settled on wearing a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. I could probably stay back at home for a couple days, and with all of my brothers combined, he would never get to me.

"I'm listening." I responded, standing near the door. I crossed my arms, waiting. He must have a damn good excuse as to why he can't control his wolf.

"I'm sorry, Dani. I love you so much, and so does my wolf, and when we saw you wearing that... set... through the second mark, I lost control, and I would never try to force you into something like that." Jax apologized. Even though I wanted to be mad at him forever, I couldn't, and I hated myself for that.

I dropped the backpack on the floor, opening up the closet door, and engulfing Jax in a hug.

"I love you, too." I mumbled into his shoulder. We stayed in each other's arms for a while, until an urgent looking wolf intruded our privacy.

"Alpha, Luna, sorry to intrude, but there was a large group of wolves spotted on the west border. Should we attack?" He asked, barley pausing to take a breath.

"No, not yet. I will be with you soon." Jax dismissed.

"Can I go with you?" I asked hopefully, but I already knew his answer.

"No, I need you to stay at the pack house. Make sure that all of the members who can't fight make it to the safe room." He responded. Well, at least I have something important to do.

I nodded, and we both left the room. I ran down all of the halls, directing all of the non-fighters to the safe room, and making sure that all of the rooms were clear.

I made it down the last few hallways panting, and looking for a child. One of the mothers children ran away from her, and had gotten lost in the crowds of panicking pack members.

Frantically opening doors, I searched for the missing child going over the last few rooms.

"Why are you here?" I heard a small voice ask from behind a door.

"I'm here to make things better, buddy." Replied a wolf as I swung open the door, lunging at the male who was just inches away from the child, throwing him against the wall.

"Go, find your mother in the safe room!" I yelled before shifting and pouncing on the man, snapping his neck in one swift motion.

The little boy looked at me with wide eyes before scurrying off, hopefully to his mother.

My ears perked up as I heard a long howl, it came from the other alpha, and his message was clear:

We'll be back.

It was soon followed by the cries of victory from our pack. Why had they left so quickly?

I rushed to the broken window, hoping to catch a glimpse of the retreating pack, but all I saw were our warriors, prancing back to the pack house.

They walked confidently, but I could tell they were confused, too. Call it being observant, or call it a Luna's intuition, but I could tell.

*

*

*

*

*

So, how was that? Feel free to comment, vote, and share!

-Typewriter