Epilogue

"Blaise Harrison Allan, you get your butt back here right now!" I yelled, chasing my seven year old through the pack house.

"No!" He squealed, running down the hall as fast as he could. He had a pretty big head start, but that was destroyed as Jax stepped out of his office and scooped up the runaway child.

"What did I say about disobeying your mother?" Jax asked, and Blaise looked down sheepishly.

"Do it?" He replied, and I started laughing, but covered it up with a cough. Looking at Jax lecturing him now, I could see how opposite the two looked. Jax had dark hair, tan skin, and dark brown eyes, and Blaise had blonde hair, and only slightly tan skin, and somehow inherited his clear blue eyes. While Jax looked like a carbon copy of his father, Blaise was anything but that. He looked more like me, but with blue eyes.

"Right, Dani?" Jax said as he finished up his lecture, and my eyes widened a bit.

"Yup." I agreed, turning around to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Jax protested.

"You seem to have a pretty good handle on him." I shrugged.

"I have a meeting right now!"

"Let Blaise sit through it. This is the consequence for using my hairbrush."

"Using your brush isn't that big of a deal."

"He tried to flush it down the toilet." I deadpanned, and Blaise let out a slight giggle.

"Fine." Jax groaned, carrying a guilty looking child into the meeting room.

Grinning, I walked down the hallway with a skip in my step. Now that I finally have some free time, I can finally go shopping to replace all the shirts that Blaise has managed to ruin this month(the exact number is six, or maybe seven, depending on if I can get the stain out of one.)

"Amelia!" I called, dragging out her name.

"What?" Was her response from a few doors down.

"I wanna go shopping, can you come with?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'll have to bring Sydney, is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I responded. Sydney is a saint of a child, mostly clean, never flushing hairbrushes down the toilet, etc. Sydney skipped out of the room at my confirmation, stopping to brush some dirt off of her ripped jeans. She was a bit of a tomboy, as the only other children around her age in the pack house were boys.

Blaise and Mason had accepted her into their little friend group, and Mason was already quite smitten with her, though he refused to admit it.

Mason was being raised by Luke. Maddi had a sister whose mate was the beta in Alpha Michael's pack, and after the battle nobody could find them. Luke volunteered to take him in, probably to get a little piece of Maddi in his life again, no matter how small.

"Hey, Syd, do you wanna come play on the field?" Mason called from the other end of the hallway, looking as dirty as ever.

"Sorry, Mace, I can't! I have to go shopping!" She yelled back to him. He let out a very audible "aw" of dissapointment.

"You two can play once we get back, it won't be long." I reassured, and Mason nodded and walked off. He was probably going to find Blaise.

Amelia walked out of the room with her bag in hand and we took off.

The mall is still one of my least favourite places in this town. Its only purpose is for meeting people and maybe buying clothes. The only redeeming quality is it has the only fast food places in our town.

I looked over the tops I bought as Sydney fought with her mom about eating her chicken nuggets. It's crazy how different she is from her father, who will inhale anything that somehow makes it onto his plate. His daughter on the other hand, is the pickiest eater in the planet.

"They aren't dino nuggets! They won't taste good!" She argued, and Amelia gave me a look that begged for help.

"But that's where you're wrong." I countered, and Sydney gave me a curious look. "These chicken nuggets are modeled after the Blobasaurus, who was the fiercest underwater dinosaur that there ever was." Sydney looked fascinated by my explanation, looked once at the nuggets, then at me, then back at the nuggets, and finally started eating.

Now I have to add "The Blobasaurus" on the list of things that I have to pretend exist until the kids are at least ten. Or until Sydney stops being a picky eater.  Either option works, but I'm never going to hear the end of this one. Amelia was already giving me an exasperated look.

"What? It worked!" I said defensively, and she rolled her eyes, unable to come up with a good response.

"What worked?" Sydney asked innocently, with only one chicken nugget left. I had to stop for a second to think before I just let words fall out of my mouth.

"Um... the Blobasaurus worked really hard to get its food back in prehistoric times. It's unconventional shape was the reason that it was the first dinosaur to become extinct!" I recovered, mentally patting myself on the back. Sydney shrugged and ate her last chicken nugget.

*Jax's POV*

"Blaise, sit still for a minute." I said as the kid decided that the armchair was fun to bounce on. He let out a loud groan as he plopped down onto the seat. He definitely takes after his mother in looks and personality.

"So, as I was saying, some rouge Coulson supporters still dot our northern region, but other than that, we pretty much got all of them." Luke informed me, pointing to the map of our northern territory occasionally.

"And what about our exposure to humans?" I asked, and Luke shrugged.

"I don't know. There was only one video posted online, and most people who have seen it have declared it to be a fake." He shrugged, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God that's over with."