Paperwork and Important Questions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap

"What could possibly be so important, that you would wake me up at this ungodly hour?" I asked, my mind still a bit fuzzy.

They all gave me sympathetic looks before Zeke spoke up.

"It's about Jax-"

*Dani's POV*

  "Why didn't you wake me up earlier!?" I shouted, shoving Ryker away from myself.

  "We tried to!"  Zeke protested, holding his hands up in an 'I surrender' way.

  "What happened to him?" I asked, my tone deadly. Conner burst out laughing.

  "Nothing!" He giggled, I relaxed.

  "He's okay?" I asked cautiously, slowly calming down.

  "Yeah, he's at a meeting and he wanted you to get ready and meet him in his office." He explained, and I let out a sigh of releif.

  "Leave me alone, I need to get ready." I ordered, and then I walked over to my closet, grabbing a big shirt and leggings.

  I quickly brushed out my hair, and put on my clothes.

  •Jax's POV•

  "No, I will not allow you to see my mate." I growled at my cousin.

  "Oh, come on, Jax! I'll behave!" He protested, sitting down on the couch.

  "No!" I growled, louder this time. He can not see my mate. He will try to steal her. Only I can have her, she is mine.

  "Dude, I won't take her from you." He deadpanned, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow. My wolf backed down a bit, and I was able to see reason. I scowled, but backed down.

  "Fine. You can meet her." I reluctantly said. And right after those words left my mouth, she walked in the door.

  "Why do I need to be here?" She asked, looking extremely tired. My cousin looked at her neck, and his eyes widened.

  "Twice?" He exclaimed, rushing up to get a better look at her neck " Jax, you're more of a control freak than I thought!" He cast me a condescending look before returning to my mate.

  "My name is Dustin, and you must be Dani, the mate of my obsessive cousin." He bowed as he introduced himself, and Dani laughed at his over emphasized gesture.

  •Dani's POV•

    "Unfortunately." I replied with a smirk, casting a quick glance at Jax, who was intently monitoring our conversation. His slight frown deepened, and his fists clenched.

  "He's not that bad, when he's asleep." Dustin quipped.

  "Go catch up with the rest of the pack." Jax ordered, pulling me into his arms. He watched silently as Dustin exited the room.

  "So, what's got your panties in a twist?" I joked, leaning back into his chest. Jax moved us over to his office chair and sat down, placing me on his lap.

  "You can't trust him." Jax said, and his eyes stayed blank.

  "What did he do?" I asked, turning around more to fully face Jax.

  "It's not what he did, it's what he almost did, and now isn't the right time to talk about this." Jax explained, turning me around again, so that my back was to his chest, and he started on a pile of paperwork that was on his desk.