Ouch.

WARNING: SHORT GRAPHIC FIGHT SCENE STARTS AT THE ☆

"And that is how to do a proper roundhouse kick." Maddi huffed, wiping sweat from her brow. We have been working on my ability to fight in human form.

I tried after her, but landed in a heap on the floor. Maddi laughed, and I swung my legs under hers, knocking her on her butt. That's the only move I've mastered.

Maybe human fighting just isn't my thing.

She got up and groaned, rubbing her sore end. It was my turn to laugh at her now. In the midst of my laughing fit, Maddi decided that she wanted to do a two person doggy pile, and she jumped on me.

"Get off of me!" I yelled, trying to push her off.

"Never!" She cried out dramatically, hugging me like she was some sort of koala.

"Get off you fattie!" I yelled at her again. Maddi threw her head back in evil laughter before holding on tighter.

We wrestled around for a few more minutes before quitting, as both of us were tired.

"What do you want to do now?" Maddi asked, gazing up at the cloudy sky.

"I don't know." I shrugged. She sighed and played with her fingers. I looked around us to see our small numbers hard at work, patrolling, bringing in emergency water from the pump(in case the pipes freeze), and keeping the children safe. There were only about three kids that escaped.

"Let's go back into town." Maddi suggested. I gave her a wary look.

"Oh I know you've been kind of sick lately, but it'll be fun!" She protested.

"Alright. But how are we going to get there without alerting the alpha male?" I asked. She stopped and thought for a second.

"We take our wolves. I know the patrols, so we won't run into them." She explained.

"Let's get going." I said, standing up and brushing the dirt off my legs.

"Oh, wait do you have the card?" She asked. I pulled it out of my back pocket with a smirk.

"Always." I laughed. Not really though, I had just forgotten to give it back after our last excursion.

"Okay, lets go, for real this time!" She exclaimed, pushing me towards the woods.

*

*

"Maddi that isn't even a dress. It's a shirt!" I protested as she spun around in the mirror.

"I think it's cute." She stated, looking at her phone.

"What is it?" I asked. She just rolled her eyes at the phone before typing something in.

"Luke the controlling boyfriend." She scoffed.

"What did he have to say?" I inquired, leaning over to her.

"He's freaking out because they picked up the scent of a pack that they didn't know was out here and wants us home right away." She sighed before going into the dressing room to get out of the terrible dress.

I suddenly felt like I needed to puke. I don't know if It's because of stress or because I'm sick, but I could feel my stomach churning.

"Dani, are you okay?" Maddi asked as she stepped out of the dressing room in her regular clothes.

"I'm just a little sick, that's all." I said dismissively. Maddi looked at me doubtfully before leading us to exit the store. We hadn't realised how late we were in the shop, because it was already dark.