Chapter 175

3 years ago

Semi drew his hands over his face in distress. This is not how his day was supposed to go. It was supposed to be a fun day, leisurely and worry-free. He and Terushima made plans for a date, going bar hopping and getting drunk. So much for that.

This morning he briefly met up with Shirabu to drop off his birthday present, thus changing the course of his day. The beta kept staring at him during his visit, sniffing the air before he finally spoke up to the omega he smelled vanilla. Semi laughed it off, thinking he probably smelled something else. Meanwhile, Shirabu knew what scent came from the omega considering his tart cherry scent is almost masked by it. The omega is just in denial.

After leaving Shirabu's, Semi felt a bit paranoid. He kept wondering if something was off and checked his wrist to find his cherry scent is mixed with something else. He forced himself to stop by a drugstore on his way home.

As soon as he got home, he ripped the box of pregnancy tests open and took one. He paced the whole time he waited, hating being so nervous he could throw up. Through the anticipation and pacing, he couldn't help but look over and to his surprise the results already showed up. He blinked a few times, making sure he's seeing the positive correctly. Frustrated, he put his hands over his face and wondered why now of all times.

Semi wasn't a fan of being an omega, he'd much rather be a beta. Despite that, he didn't hate the idea of having children someday. So it wasn't like he was angry with the thought, just scared.

He and Teru have only dated a few months and while they are committed to each other and like hanging out together, they're not serious yet. Teru will break up with him as soon as he finds out, since he's not a huge fan of children.

Semi left the bathroom and sought out his favorite blanket. He didn't have a nest, rarely making one since he presented as an omega, but he had a scented blanket. He picked up the blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders, basking in the pleasantness of his cherry scent. Right now, the overpowering vanilla is bitter with anxiety and stress. Too bad Teru is a beta and doesn't have a scent to calm him.

After a while of sitting, he felt so restless and uneasy. He stood and paced again, mulling over what he'd say to his boyfriend when he showed up later for their date. Semi groaned and wondered why he's so fearful of Teru's reaction.

Hours later, when the lock on the front door rattled, Semi stopped pacing and let the blanket fall to the floor.

"Semi-Semi," Teru shouted as he opened the front door. "Where are you?"

The omega rolled his eyes at the ridiculous nickname he picked up from Satori. "Right here," He stepped into the hall and carefully walked over to him.

"Are you ready to drink?" Teru said and kissed his cheek, noticing his scent is off. "You smell different. Are you wearing cologne?"

Semi paled, he has to tell him now. He has the nerve to do it, and won't be able to function until he knows what his boyfriend has to say.

"I was thinking we could go to the bar down the street first." Teru glanced at him and saw he's looking rather sickly. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I..." Semi took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. "I'm pregnant."

Terushima paused, thinking it was a joke until he saw Semi's worried eyes. Worried that this is serious and this isn't what he wants. He panicked, "No thank you."

Eyes shifting from worried to angry. Semi glared at the beta, gritting his teeth. "No thank you? What is that supposed to mean, asshole?"

"You know I don't like kids very much." He shrugged and glanced away to avoid the omega's angry stare. "What do you expect me to say?"