Side Chapter 19 (Part 2)

January through March passed by quickly for both Tendou and Ushijima. They finished their last year of high school studying to pass and keeping a low profile.

Tendou surprised himself he made it to graduation without the teachers or principal smelling vanilla. There's a policy against pregnant omegas at the school and especially in the dorms because of safety violations.

Between scent patches, heavy scenting on his alpha's part, and overall avoiding school staff— Tendou managed to stay under the radar. He never went back to volleyball practice, rarely ate lunch in the cafeteria, and kept away from school activities. It was boring, but his friends stuck around to keep him company.

Middle of March, around 20 weeks, and his stomach barely popped out. Easier to hide in the uniform since it's not accommodating for that. He didn't mind though because he kept forgetting about being pregnant in general; casting the thought to the side as much as he could. As much as he liked being an omega, he didn't feel any protective, omega parent instincts yet. He forgot about it most of the time, which he's regretful to admit, but none of it felt real yet.

Although he didn't feel like the traditional omega anyways. His outspoken, sardonic personality often gets him nasty looks from others. It's hilarious. He likes to use his height and scary aura as an advantage, too. Anything to show people that just because he's an omega doesn't mean he has to 'act like one'.

"Congratulations on graduating!" Goshiki blubbered onto Tendou's shoulder. "I'm going to miss you."

Tendou laughed and patted the younger's back, "We'll come back and visit, Tsu-chan."

"So what now?" Semi asked.

"I don't know." Tendou shrugged.

Semi grinned, agreeing. He doesn't know what to do next except play music.

Tendou thought a lot about the future but never came up with much. There wasn't a career or place that stuck out to him, so he didn't plan to go to college. As for a future with Ushijima, he never thought too much about that either. His imagination conjured up snippets of them together in the future, but no specific details. Just that they end up how they end up, as long as they're side by side.

Speaking of the alpha, he walked over to take the omega's hand. "You can do anything you want, Satori. I'll be by your side through whatever."

"Since when did you find your way with words." Tendou cackled and cupped his face. "I'm just teasing."

They brought each other in for a brief kiss before Goshiki pulled them apart. "Group photo with the team before you go."

The whole team lined up, third years holding up their diplomas with bright smiles on their faces. They snapped a few photos for the books and went their separate ways.

"I'm taking you home." Ushijima smiled at Tendou's unknowingness to his words.

They said their final goodbyes and headed to the station by themselves. Ushijima carried both their suitcases, no matter how much Tendou said he would carry his own.

The train is full of people but they found two empty seats in the back. Crowded space and a swirling mix of all kinds of scents made for a dizzying combination. Tendou wasn't keen to motion sickness, but the smells and commotion left his head spinning.

Ushijima pulled him closer and rested a hand on his stomach. "I have news."

"What is it?" The omega chuckled at his seriousness. "Why are you being so mysterious?"

"A team scouted me. I signed a contract to play professionally."

Tendou's mouth dropped, "What? When did you do this?" He pulled away, pushing his hands off.