Chapter 206

"We should start planning the wedding," Tooru said as he helped his mate unpack boxes in the restaurant storage closet.

Hajime sighed as he unboxed napkins and set them on the shelf. "With what time?" He grumbled.

Work is busy and neither are very happy about it. They're taking on more responsibilities for the time being while their boss travels. It drags on them over time and makes them irritable. The couple didn't start their day in a happy mood, and now is no better.

"There's plenty of time to plan" Tooru practically whined. "Planning can take as long as we need but it would be nice to be married by the end of summer next year."

"Not with twins on the way and being promoted at the restaurant." The alpha snipped, "Those two things alone are taking all our time, let alone the billion other things we have to do."

"But—"

"And let's not even talk about the financial side of things. We cannot afford a wedding."

"It doesn't have to be expensive. Please, I've been waiting to marry you for so long—"

"Tooru, no."

"Stubborn alpha." He turned away to hide the tears in his eyes.

Tooru can't help but want to cry, not only are his emotions haywire but he thinks Hajime is being insensitive. Not to mention unfair and thinking about things too logically rather than with his heart. It's upsetting, not being able to plan their wedding now. He could start without Hajime, but he wanted the two of them to do it together so they're both happy on their perfect day.

Even though Tooru knows it's not true, he can't help but think Hajime has reservations about marrying him. Borderline commitment issues, even though they're bonded and have been best friends half their lives.

The whole situation is upsetting. Although he waited a long time to even start dating the alpha, let alone be engaged and get married. He could wait longer until they are able to put time and effort into planning their wedding. After all, they are bonded which is even better than exchanging rings and vows in his opinion.

Tooru placed a hand up to his neck, feeling their prickly connection. Hajime isn't mad at him, just stressed out and Tooru can completely understand. Life has been very difficult for them this past week and it's not going to let up any time soon. To make matters worse, they've been at each other's throats the past week, fighting about little annoying things to major furious battles.

The major stuff has been about the future of their family. Their ability to support four kids, mentally, emotionally, and financially.

Tooru rested his hands over his belly, now 23 weeks. As his due date slowly approaches, everything seems to get worse.

Tooru is angry and emotional. He doesn't know whether to cry or flip a table, not that he could flip a table with his belly in the way. This pregnancy is becoming more difficult by the day. He's in pain, can't control his emotions, and is worried about everything. There's no end to his fretting.

Thinking about keeping track of four kids is exhausting enough. Two six-year-olds and two infants, he doesn't know how they'll handle everything at once. Financially speaking, there's no way they have money for four kids, especially the needs of infants. They're working their asses off to bring in more money and hope for the best.

Hajime is the one to work the overtime and later shifts now. Anymore, Tooru is too tired and achy even though he would if he could. He doesn't like when the alpha comes home grumpy and exhausted, snapping at everyone in his way.

"Tooru-san?"

He glanced up to see Tadashi and Satori staring at him. They're probably wondering why he's sulking alone in the storage closet just as much as he is. Hajime left him in there and moved onto another task.