Chapter 177

"Happy birthday!" Shouyou shouted when he answered the door for Tobio and Miwa. He reached up and snapped a party hat around the alpha's head. "I hope you're ready to party."

Tobio blinked at him before his face broke out into a smile. "Where do presents go?" He had a couple wrapped boxes and a bag balanced in his arms.

"Set them in the living room with the others." Shouyou thanked Miwa for coming and hugged her.

The two fell into easy conversation, so Tobio wandered off. He set the gifts by the others, a nice pile of colorful, girly wrapped presents formed. Next to it were smaller, more sophisticated looking wrapped gifts. He wondered if those are for him. He didn't expect anything, already felt lucky enough to share a party with Kaiya. Although it seems he'll be opening some gifts, too.

"Daddy!" Kaiya shouted and ran at him.

He scooped her into a hug, "Happy birthday."

"Happy birthday," She cutely mispronounced.

Kaiya wore a fancy, light blue dress to compliment her eyes; a party hat on her head and crooked to one side. She pointed to Tobio's hat and smiled at how they matched.

"You are very pretty in your dress." He grinned, heart warming as she beamed with joy. "Are you having a good birthday?"

Kaiya nodded. "Mama made blueberry pancakes." Her pronunciation of blueberry was totally off but she kept going. "I got strawberry milk."

"Yummy. That's the best." The fact that she loves milk as much as him is endearing.

Kaiya pointed behind them at the pile of gifts. "Presents?"

"Yes, I brought you presents. So did your Aunt Miwa." He hopes she likes them. He wants the first birthday he's able to celebrate with her to be special.

Loud laughs and talking sounded from the kitchen. The rest of the pack crowded around the dining table eating snacks. A chorus of happy birthdays and greetings were shouted his way when he appeared. The only guests at the party are the pack, Shouyou's mother, and Natsu.

Natsu gave him a small nod of acknowledgment as he approached. The omega's mother sat next to her, disapproving expression passing over her face.

"Nice to see you." He sheepishly smiled at her.

She stared back with a raised brow and nodded, "Likewise, Kageyama-kun."

The harsh glare Shouyou's mother gave him was intimidating. He understood, he caused her son so much pain, but it made him feel bad. She probably will always think of him as the one who left her son and granddaughter high and dry.

The doorbell rang in the distance, barely audible over the chatter of the pack.

A few second later, Miwa walked into the kitchen. Natsu turned to the beta and brightened with surprise. "Miwa!"

The two hugged and Natsu began updating Miwa on school and her personal life. Tobio watched his sister laughing with the younger girl, Shouyou's mother even joined in and look pleased to see the beta. Everyone likes his sister, no one is mad at her for any reason. Unlike him, who feels very alienated at the moment.

Shouyou breezed into the kitchen followed by Kenma, Tetsurou, and Chikako. "There's snacks and drinks. Help yourselves."

The family was the last of the guests to arrive. Chikako and Kaiya are friends because of Shouyou and Kenma, so they never miss a birthday.

Kenma stopped and narrowed his eyes at Tobio. He paused for a moment before reluctantly offering, "Happy birthday." The omega wasn't risking the alpha hurting his best friend and Kaiya again, so he's keeping a close eye on him.