Chapter 194

Early morning, just before the sun peeked over the horizon and bathed the room in warmth, Tobio woke up with a smile. Happiness filled his chest when remembering where he is and who he's with. Tropical mango clouded his senses as he stretched his stiff limbs.

Next to him, his own sunshine lit up the room. Orange, peacefully sleeping, and exuding happiness. He reached across the bed and wrapped an arm around the omega to cuddle against his back. Feeling soft skin under his fingertips urged him to add to the blemishes he left behind on the omega's neck the night before. He could indulge in him freely instead of waiting for an invitation.

Waking up beside the omega feels like a dream every morning until his brain catches up with reality. Tobio smiled and kissed along his shoulder, intertwining their hands and rousting him from sleep.

"Tobio," Shouyou mumbled into his pillow.

He kissed up his neck, stopping to nip at the skin under his jaw.

"Stop it."

"I could kiss you all day." Tobio peppered his cheek while roaming hands down his naked torso. "I'm making up for lost time."

"There's plenty of time to do that later." He leaned into the kiss and sighed, "We need to start breakfast, I'm sure Kaiya is hungry."

"You just woke up. Can't we have a few minutes to ourselves first?"

Shouyou relaxed, reaching for his hand to hold. He couldn't tell him no after seeing the sincerity in his face.

They stared at each other, taking a minute to really see into each other's eyes. Shouyou never thought he'd feel so much relief by being able to wake up next to Tobio. Seeing his soft, loving expressions most mornings gave him something to look forward to. He kept quiet about how enchanted he is by the alpha's every detail. Tobio, on the other hand, wasn't shy about how obsessed he is with the omega. He gives affection any time he can and doesn't take for granted the permission he has to hug and kiss him whenever. Their present actions are quite the opposite of their young, college selves. Change brought a refreshing comfortability, seeing the other act so differently than normal.

Most mornings Tobio stayed over, Shouyou woke up first. He could admire the alpha as he slept, often putting a hand to his cheek and disrupting his sleep to tease him. Then, he'd leave him in bed to go check on Kaiya. Most mornings, he and the pup go downstairs to make breakfast and Tobio joins them with his rumpled pajamas and bedhead later on. However, mornings like these were a treat for Shouyou. He liked waking up to Tobio's eyes on him, longing with affection and left over lust. It ceased any doubts that attempted to creep in unwillingly. Mornings like these, Shouyou felt at peace.

The doorknob jiggling broke their intense staring. They listened as Kaiya's little voice called out to them.

Shouyou couldn't help but laugh, "Good job. You remembered to lock the door this time."

"I learned from my mistakes." Tobio blushed, thinking of the embarrassment when Tsukishima, of all people, walked in on them. The pack teased them for a whole week after that.

The couple rolled out of bed and found decent clothes to dress in. Shouyou smirked as he admired the hickies on Tobio's chest. Those mean more to their relationship than they appear. He likes knowing how after everything, all the pain they went through, he can still call him his. If not for covering up, everyone would know.

"Good morning, baby!" Tobio enthused when he opened the door. He picked up Kaiya and kissed her forehead.

Shouyou's face relaxed as he slightly smiled. The alpha sounds much more natural now with his affection than he did before. He's not afraid to be loving and fatherly to their daughter as he learns how to interact.