Chapter 9 - Slow Progress

After they ate ice cream, they decided to leave. Dara insisted to pay but Day didn't allow.They paid and left. They had to walk to bus stop. It was a breezy night. They road is silent. They were walking side by side.Occasionally brushing their shoulders, since it is a narrow pavement.They walked in silence. There is a tree with a branch falling down which may hit on heads. Dara didn't notice that. She keeps walking. Day puts his hand on Dara's head which made the later get startled. Day giggled,

"Keep ur eyes on the road ", Dara blushed hardly. Day didn't take his hands for 4secs.Dara's heart beats faster. Day took his hand. To avoid awkwardness Day asked if she has work tomorrow at the mall. Dara replied yes. Though Day wanted to meet her tomorrow too. He really feels contented just by today. He thought he shouldn't disturb her often. He wanted to ask Dara for dinner but he don't want to go overboard. They reached the bus stop. Day offered the ride but Dara subtly declined. They waited for bus. Day prayed the bus should not show up. But within a minute the bus shown up. He cursed his luck.

Dara turned to him
"Drive safely, bye!!" and smiled. Day got much butterflies at that smile. Her smile is addicting.
"Yes I will, text me when you reach there. Go safely byee". Day's eyes glittened.
Dara smiled and walked a bit.
Day mumbled "let's meet again na", Dara heard it but didn't turn at Day she smiled and blushed herself. She got into bus at sat at window seat. She peeped through the window she could see Day slid his hands into the pocket and looking at Dara.

Their eyes met.

Dara turned to opposite side. She couldn't resist Day's handsomeness. The bus stopped there for a minute Dara again turned and waved her hand and asked Day to go. Day smiled and shakes his head implying that he'll go after that. Dara blushing hardly. The bus started moving they seen each other into the eyes lastly.
Dara forget all her pain. She's still smiling and thinking about Day. Still her heart is not stable. She again drifts into her deep thoughts. Deep inside she likes all these things. But she thought Day would gradually leave her if he knew about her she hurtfully smiled. She thought Day is too good for her even as a friend. She had a bead of tears with all thoughts running into her while looking at the stars

Day too couldn't help but kept smiling. Even Aron teased him he didn't mind a bit. He was rewinding everything. His smile grew wider when
"Reached here, good night!", Dara sent him.
With that they talked even a bit more and slept tight

Ever since that meet they started to talk more and more. They occasionally called each other, Day shared everything about him. Dara knew Day's friends, Day's mom and Day showed her pictures, Dara got bit frightened when she came to know about Day's father. They go to the same university.Day laughed at that. Only Min and Dara didn't meet each other. They both knew about each other but didn't meet personally, Day told her that he will make them meet.

1 week later

It was the same Saturday, Day came to emquartier mall to meet her. This time he came alone. He texted Dara that he came there at 6.30 pm. He thought he would meet her at 7 pm. He replied for text but didn't get. In the meantime he bought gift for Min, her birthday is almost in a week. It's 7.20 pm Dara replied him back and asked him to meet at the entrance. Day came faster and waited for Dara. Dara came again in the same outfit he seen last week. But Dara didn't look up to Day. Day called her again.

"I am so tired can we meet tomorrow" while looking at her phone . Day knew something was wrong. Dara started to walk. Day grabbed her hand, Dara turned to him. Her  eyes was red. The same eyes Day seen when they met first.

"Why... What happened?"... Day blurted out.