Chapter 10-Proud Of You

"Why... What happened??"

Dara couldn't look into Day's eyes. She knew her eyes were already swollen. No one will believe if she says she's fine. Passers-by were looking at her, she don't want the attention towards her.She dragged Day out of the mall. They walked in silence. She knew Day wanted to know. She calmed herself. She already burst twice in a day. The bus stop is just 100 meters from the mall.

Dara looked at Day. Day seemed to be kind of pissed off. They looked at each other.

Dara smiled, "Nothing much just had a bad day"said while looking at Day maintaining her composure.
Day looked at her blankly." It didn't look like nothing much"
Dara lowered her head. Day patted her head 3times and took his hand. Dara's eyes started tearing up. She didn't want to break.
But tears piling up. They sat together on the bench near bus stop.
Dara's eyes still at the ground. Fidgeting her hands.
"you don't have to tell me what happened, but... I will be with you until you are fine... Okay?"

Dara just hummed.
Dara seemed to calmed down.
"I know you didn't eat, let's go and eat",
Dara hesitated, "No not in mood",
"Atleast ice-cream? ", Day tried to hype her mood but it doesn't. She remained silent.
"Shall we at least go for a walk?",
"Yes", they both stood up and started walking. There was a park near by. It will be opened until 10. Cool breeze hit their face. There were only few people there. They sat at the swing. They saw a family nearby and kids playing at nearby swing. The kids father stood behind and pushed gently the swing. The kids kept giggling. Dara's eyes were on them, she did not mind Day beside her. Day fake coughed to get her attention.

Dara came back to reality. She finally started to talk,
"Day....",

"Mmm",

"You know you don't have to do this",

"What??", Day's eyes widened

"Day... I mean you are wasting your time on me and I don't want to bother you ."

"This is not wasting time and you are not bothering me", Day said with a stern face.

A minute silent

"Day... You don't even know about my background and .... you seem rich... even for friendship I don't deserve it, let's better leave it right here. You even know how you met me first, Do you really want us to be friends and want to hang out still???" Dara said without pausing still looking at ground.
Day was shocked, did she telling me to stop seeing her.

" Yes I don't know about your family and I think it's not needed, I know you only you it is enough, Iam not a person to judge you for what happened or your background." Day replied in low voice. He don't want to end it here, but..
Dara smiled hurtfully.

She looked very tired can't talk further.

"Day... Promise me.. You didn't pity me right?", this question confuses Day so much, why does this suddenly raisen up.
Day understood that Dara is feeling inferior. He got up from the swing and stood in front of Dara.
Dara looked up.

"Why do you think that, I am just admiring and looking you to you. You are doing things greater than your age and limitation. Iam proud and don't think so down about you. In the end people will remember you as Dara just by you not by your background." Dara's eyes piled up with tears.

Seeing that Day too got little tears but didn't show up. He patted her head and went to his swing. He wanted her let it go by herself that heals faster than his words .He got angry about who made that little one go through all these things. He really knew Dara was having a rough life, he wanted to comfort her in a way he can. He questioned himself about Dara's family where they are letting her go through these all by herself.

After 5 minutes
Dara got up and

"Let's go..".

"Are you better now ", Day asked worried.
Dara hummed.

They stood and walked.

"If it's about work you can search for other?"
"Yes really have to.." worry is evident on her face.

"Too much work?"

"It will be fine if loaded with work but the worst is humiliation.."