Chapter 17- Missing You

Dara actually couldn't believe . Her eyes widened. The whole week Dara was very frustrated she don't why. Even her body was giving up. She literally cried her heart out on Wednesday at night. But usually she recovers on her own within a day. But not this time her heart is still heavy. It is not new to her. She used to do her work and handled university life single handedly from her 18 years of age. Her mind was on Day. Despite the fact she longed for Day ,she was the one who avoided Day for a week and its been tough to her as days passes by. Without knowing she started relying on Day. She felt comfortable and consoled with him. To her she is in a separate world with Day ignoring the reality. Though she didn't exposed her true self to Day. Everytime she is stressed she will text Day. It bought a smile around her face. At night she thinks of Day and his gentle gestures towards her. She misses Day and she questioned and cursed the fate that made her miserable.

Back to present

"what are you doing here?"

Day shrugged and replied "Had some work nearby".

"Stop lying".

"Atleast you know I am lying.", Day smirked. Dara was out of words. Day sat near to her. Their shoulders almost brushing. Dara became silent.

"I thought we are done", Dara blurted out.
Day gave her a quick reply.

" It's you who thought that"

Dara looked at Day. What made Day worry is she didn't even smile. Even at the time she cried she had a small smile though it is a hurtful smile she tried to smile. But now she is looking completely different. He could feel  Dara's absent mind. She looks like lost some weight her collarbones are visible in her grey tshirt. He found a small mole on her left collarbone. He turned his view to the other side.

Dara don't know what to talk next. She sat silently. Day loosened the situation.

"You know you look very stressed and tired"
Dara just nodded.

"Do you have work tomorrow? ill take you somewhere or you can choose. Just to relax yourself." Day asked lot of questions that can bring a smile.

"No, tomorrow is the first day for the tutorial sessions, I can't" Day didn't give up

"Okay then let's go now." He stood up.
He dragged Dara to the car. He pushed her in and started to drive.

"Is everything fine between you guys?"

"who?"

"You and Min?", that's was bothering her, she don't want the best friends to fight because of her.

"Yes, I told you before sorry na.. Don't think badly she was just over protective of me"

"Iam not thinking badly Day, even if I was in her place I wouldn't want my best friend to friends with me". Dara looked down.

Day pinched her.

"I will be angry if u talk like that again".

"Day, sometimes I feel like I want to tell things to you, like you do about your mom dad, your childhood and whining at your grandparents. But I don't have anything to say like that. Even If I have something things to tell you that will make me look pitier or sad kinda stories that's why I never open about me. I knew why Min was angry, I even don't know when I'll have guts to share about that incident to you. Though you have lot of things to ask me yet you don't want to make me uncomfortable. Iam always thankful for that. Iam always grateful to you... I don't know what you think of me or what made you stay as my friend but it's been really a long time someone checking at me. To be Frank, I don't know Day but I feel like I shouldn't get used to it. I don't want you to bother you with my poor things. "
Dara said with sincere eyes.

Day tried so hard to concentrate on road. He wanted to yell.

" You are not bothering me, will you please stop saying that. If you are a bother I'll not be here. Even if you push me out of your life, I'll come back to you. "

Dara was really shocked. Both got embarrassed. Day from backseat handed over the paper bag to Dara.

" Eat now" Day ordered.
Dara opened it. It was Pasta with chicken breast. She took a bite. She looked at Day.
She took a spoonful and brought near Day's mouth. Day looked at her, she nodded. She fed Day. They both ate half an half. Than Dara, Day felt so much butterflies. He don't know where they are going but he just drove. Almost near 11 Pm. Day took the highway.

"Anyways congratulations you got a new boy friend", Day side eyed Dara.

Dara got confused.