13 • Haseen Cousin •

This Chapter is dedicated to @sukhmaniiiii  your comment was very relatable to me *Hearts* Thanks for commenting

A new term was about to start, and so Anahita frequently visited the library

A new term was about to start, and so Anahita frequently visited the library. She would always be drawn towards the mathematics section and Nausheen to the magazines. As Anahita skimmed through the aisle, she spotted a familiar person. He held one of the thick books in his hand. She kept staring at the stranger, rummaging through her memory, until the man looked at her. She gulped, dropping all the books from her arm. The man in an English suit looked away. He seemed old to be a student. Why was he here?

As Anahita collected her books, he kneeled in front of her. She looked up and their gaze met. Then it flashed. He was at the Maharaja's party. What was his name again?

"You are the same—Meera's cousin?"

The guy's expressions changed, - "Abhaiveer Singhaniya."

Anahita slapped her forehead lightly, - "Oh! I am sorry, I forgot your name."

He grinned, - "It is okay, I am not that important to remember by name." He passed the books he collected. Anahita flushed, feeling embarrassed.

Together they stood up, - "If you don't mind, may I ask you something? What are you doing here in this section?"

"Why?" Abhaiveer shrugged, - "Is there any restriction I don't know of?" He turned back and pretended to look around. Anahita let out a chuckle but covered her mouth with her hand.

"Oops! Don't drop these again." He pointed at the books. She nodded, gathering the books properly and firmly in her arms.

"I am not a student anymore, Miss. Agarwal."

It surprised Anahita that he remembered her name, but she didn't interrupt him.

"I am fond of mathematics. Even though I am venturing into real estate, my first love has always been this subject. In my free time, I enjoy solving equations and all, so I come here. To get some problem-solving exercises, read theories. That sort of stuff. I know it is quite nerdish."

Anahita's eyes shone with light, she smiled ear to ear, - "No, of course not, Abhaiveer. I love mathematics too. I am hoping to complete my BSc in it and do a Ph.D., if not work as a Professor."