Bonus Chapter 2

This bonus chapter has characters from the book, The Bad Girl- Anaisha

This bonus chapter has characters from the book, The Bad Girl- Anaisha. To those who aren't familiar with them, then in prologue there are character descriptions and family tree. Do check it out. And enjoy the chapter.

 And enjoy the chapter

MUMBAI 2020

Anahita Devi walked out of the washroom; a maid helped her with adjusting the pleats of her pastel blue kanchivarum saree.

"Dadisa, wow, you look stunning." Minal complimented as she walked in. Her grin was bright, and her eyes shone with admiration.

"Kuch bhi, beta." Dadisa rebuked her with a gentle tap of her walking stick. Minal giggled and hurried to her. She helped her husband's grandmother in selecting jewelry.

"I am sure you must have looked like a diva in your youth."

Anahita Devi raised her eyebrow, - "I have high cholesterol now days, better not makkan-polish me, bahu." She replied casually, adjusting her gold bangle.

Minal smiled, she doesn't take offense you her elder's words. And she knew Dadisa meant it in a light tone.

Anahita Devi opened the first drawer of her dressing table and took out a photo frame.

"Here, me and your Dadasa, after a month of our marriage."

"Wow!" Minal glanced at the photo. Dadisa passed it to her, and she humbly took it.

"Why are you so grumpy looking here, Dadisa?" She spoke absent-mindedly.

Anahita Devi frowned, - "Please. This was the 1950s, and we girls had shame back then. Not like today's brides, flashing teeth like monkeys or gaping jaws like whales in our wedding." She grumbled and twisted her lips. Minal covered her mouth to suppress her smile.

"Anyway, I am worried, Dadisa." Minal sounded serious a little.

"Why?" Anahita Devi responded, checking through her jewelry box. She took out her mother's necklace piece and smiled with pride.

"My mother's." She brought to her neck. Tears glistened in her eyes as she recollected her mother selecting these at the jeweler's shop. She had protested then.