38 • The Reminiscent of him •

"Anu! Anu! Are you dead inside? Is everything alright?"

Nausheen's gallingly blaring voice jerked Anahita from her sleep. She opened her eyes and realized she had been crushing a pillow under her. She blinked, the feeling of heat lingered from her dream. The pleasure aches through her body, especially between her legs, was very embarrassing. Quickly, she wiped the sweat off her forehead and face.

"I was sleeping." She called out, leaping from the bed. Ignoring the tingling and throbbing feeling, she walked towards the bathroom,- "Give me half an hour."

"Hurry, we got worried. Suraiya has been calling you. You guys need to go to the temple, right?"

Anahita knew Asif's extended family will come by the time she returned from temple

Anahita knew Asif's extended family will come by the time she returned from temple. So, she picked her best ivory silk Salwar suit with organza floral dupatta. She let her hair open, but combed it neatly. Without Dhani, she took time to adjust to doing everything by herself. She wore her silver anklets and a few glass bangles, her wristwatch. Finally, a tiny red bindi. As she slipped her feet into her Jhutis, Suraiya knocked at her door again.

On her way out of the mansion, she noticed the servants being busy in decorating the hallway and a few worked on the main door. Nausheen supervised the decorations of flower petals. The reminder of her dream made Anahita feel shy.

After her return, the driver parked the car. They noticed the Khan's sky blue 1950 Fiat 1100 Cabriolet on the driveway and two servants taking out luggage from the back bonnet. Anahita and Suraiya shared a knowing glance. As they stepped down, she passed the pooja thalli to the girl and confidently walked towards the Haveli. She was nervous, no doubt. She had met Riffat Khan, Nausheen's Badi Ammi, a few times when they were children. But now, things were different. Also, she will meet their paternal grandmother for the first time.