21 • Day Out with Khan •

❝Jaane Kahaan Meraa Jigar Gayaa JiAbhi Abhi Yahin Thaa Kidhar Gayaa Ji

Jaane Kahaan Meraa Jigar Gayaa Ji
Abhi Abhi Yahin Thaa Kidhar Gayaa Ji

Kisi Ki Adaaon Pe Mar Gayaa Ji
Badi Badi Ankhiyon Se Dar Gayaa Ji

- Mr &Mrs.55 (1955)

Making an excuse to visit the library, Anahita asked her driver to take her to the Khan Haveli

Making an excuse to visit the library, Anahita asked her driver to take her to the Khan Haveli. Throughout the way, she prayed for Senior Khan not being there. At the entrance, their servant Raza Chacha greeted her.

Fortunately, Ijazul Haq Khan was out for some work.

Casually, Anahita made her way toward Asif's room. From a distance, she would smell a faintly smoky scent and twisted her lips in response. Now standing at the open door, the reeking smell of cigarettes was overpowering to the point that she felt would burn her nostrils.

Upfront sat Asif at his study with his back facing her. Anahita placed a hand on her hip, - "Why do you smoke so much?"

Asif straightened and then swiftly turned around. He smiled with a burning cigarette in between his lips. Anahita rolled her eyes and marched towards him.

"Hey!" He protested as she snatched the cigarette from his mouth and dozed it on the ashtray. Anahita gasped, seeing there were about five cigarette buds already. She glared at him and he shrugged.

"It may be cool in films and probably occasionally, but this—you are turning into a chain smoker." She complained, pointing a finger at him. Asif chuckled, nodding. He popped a bubble gum into his mouth and looked back at her.

"Relax, my dear. I smoke the most when I am stressed. It is my stress buster kind of. I am handling a complicated case. Then, Ijazul Haq Saheb is also here and—"

"And? This cigarette will do to you what alcohol did to Devdas. Kill you."

Asif laughed louder, - "Has anybody died of smoking? Relax, even doctors recommend smoking. Haven't you seen the advertisement?"

Anahita sighed, - "But not these many? If nothing, the smoke will kill you, or at the least damage your teeth." She pointed at his pearly whites. Asif agreed, shutting his book.