Fun and Games

You and Sans met up every day to play. You played all sorts of fun games like hide and seek, tag, red light, green light, scavenger hunts, snowball fights, sharks and minnows, you even wrestled sometimes. As Sans pinned you again he grinned triumphantly. "you're not very good at this game, are you?" Sans asked. "I guess not.." You replied with a defeated sigh. "we can play something else, if you want. maybe something a little more fair?" Sans offered, helping you up. He brushed snow off you and himself. "No, no. Practice makes perfect." You insisted. "that's true. hey i've got a question. how old are ya even? i'm six." Sans asked curiously. "My age..? Well I'm a year younger than you. I'm five!" Sans puffed out a laugh. "no wonder your so short, you shortie!" He teased lightheartedly. You narrowed your eyes and tackled Sans, knocking you both over. He just laughed more. "Take it back! I'm not short!"
"ok, ok you're not short!" You scooped up some snow and dumped it on his face, making him sputter. "That's for being mean!" Sans grinned. "you've got ten seconds to run before i get my payback, human.." She bolted.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

There was just one rule. Sans had to be home before it started tobget dark. He couldn't let his dad or Grillby know that he was hanging out with a human, even if you were a child younger than him. "hey.. i gotta go, [Y/N].. see you tomorrow?" You pouted. "Do you have to?" He nodded. "grillby wouldn't be happy if i'm not home in time for dinner. i'll be back tomorrow. promise!" You and Sans pinkie promised on it and he teleported off. You had found a home in the trees. A small shelter that you could slip inside, made via fallen timber. It kept you from the elements and cold. It's not like you could shelter back in the Ruins. The doors were to heavy for you and you doubted Toriel would be easy to escape again. As for food.. Sans always brought snacks for you and him to munch on. Monster treats were so good too! Cinnebunnies were perfect for the cold days and unisicles/bisicles and nice cream were fun to share with Sans. For a skeleton, he was really warm. You put it off as magic. Though it could have been his thick hoodie too.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

"[Y/N]!" You blinked blearily at the sound of your name being called. "i'm back and i brought cinnebunnies! get out here before they get cold!" Cold. You felt cold, but it was a blizzard last night, so more cold must have slipped in than usual. You hugged your puffy [F/C] to your small frame as you crawled out. You were glad it was winter on the surface. You'd come prepared without even knowing it. "G'morning Sans.." You smiled at your friend and waved as you approached. "g'morning [Y/N]! ya look pale." He pointed out. "and tired." He mused as you rubbed your eyes. "Just a little. I'll be ok." Sans plopped into the snow. "well come here, i'm sure yummy cinnebunnies will help." You grinned and sat beside Sans. "Cinnebunnies!!" He divided the sweet breakfast items evenly between the two of you and you dug into the food. Sans chuckled. "so what're we gonna play today?" You shrugged. "Snowfort? We got lots of fresh packed snow from the weather last night. "heh. that's true. ok, we will build a snowfort." Sans agreed.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

So after breakfast, You and Sans started on a snowfort. "someday, i wanna build a tunnel going from the beginning of snowdin to my house." Sans explained as you both started to make a mound of snow and pack it as tightly as you could. "I'll help you!" You replied. That would be fun! Sans laughed. "i don't know if you can. monsters don't really like humans right now." You tilted you head, packing more snow into the growing mound. "Why's that?" Sans flinched, hoping you wouldn't ask. "humans murdered the prince not to long ago. so everybody is mad and scared of humans." You paused in your task. "Are you scared of me?"
"well, yeah... at first.." He then grinned. "but how could i stay scared of a shortie like you?" You scowled. "You're not much taller!" Sans just laughed. "ok. i think that's big enough now. let's dig it out." Whatever irritation you felt disappeared and was replaced with excitement. "Ok!" You worked on the 'back hatch' while Sans started with the front. You both met in the middle and Sans used his magic to clear the snow out of the way. Then you started to widen your tunnel and even dig down a little so the wind wouldn't hit you both through the openings. In the end, it looked somewhat like an igloo. Though it definitely didn't take a day to build. It took a week.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Yours and Sans igloo became your new home. Sans didn't question it the first night you'd stayed in there, but... as he continued to find you sleeping in the igloo.. "hey, don't you have a place to go?" Sans asked as he split a bisicle to share. You shook your head and sucked on your half of the frozen treat. "Not strong enough to go back to the Ruins." You replied. Sans frowned, his bonebrows furrowed with worry over his human friend. "where were you sleeping before we built this then? can humans get sick from the cold like monsters can?" You smiled at your friend and took his hand, pulling him out of the fort and towards your old 'residence'. Soon Sans was staring at the wood pile you'd slept under. "there? seriously?" You nodded. He tried to think of ways to get you out of the situation without sending you back to the Ruins. He had difficulty opening those doors. But with the way monsters were towards humans.. "guess the fort is your best bet.."