The New Royal Scientist

"BROTHER, YOU DID SCIENCEY STUFF, RIGHT?" That's what Papyrus lead with as you all sat down with steaming bowls of piping hot soup. This was your first official meal since the quiche and you couldn't even call that a meal. Either way, you were all very excited to eat real food. In fact, he was trying to down it all in one go. "Sans, not to fast, you'll get sick!" You fretted as you blowed on the soup. As much as you wanted to do what Sans was doing, you didn't want to burn your insides. He frowned but slowed down and eventually gave Papyrus his answer. "yeah, i know stuff." Papyrus nodded. "LOTS OF STUFF?" Sans shrugged. "yeah... why?" Papyrus leaned forward eager, pointing a spoon at Sans. "I WANT YOU TO BE THE NEW ROYAL SCIENTIST! YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I TRUST TO THE TASK, BROTHER!" Papyrus explained, to which Sans nearly dropped the remains of his soup. You looked mildly surprised as well, and looked to your lover to see what his response would be as you took a bite of your soup. You hummed with delight and quickly took another. "... alright. for you." Sans agreed.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Life continued. You, Sans, and Papyrus grew busy with cleaning out the Lab and the castle plus taking care of your ever growing baby. A month or so later, Grillby actually joined you three. He was looking much better than before and had even brought Aliza with to assist. This was good seeing as it was getting harder to keep up. Your 'extra package' was making things difficult. You were somewhere between four and five months now, at that point where you seemed to run out of breath easily. Sans worried, but you reassured him that you and the baby were fine, in fact, you knew the baby was more than fine... it was starting to kick. You didn't know if it was late to start or now, it could have been because of the lack of food in the beginning of the pregnancy, but it was kicking now, it was alive. That's all you needed to know. "Sans." You gestured him over as you took yet another breather. The Skeleton came over quickly. "everything alright, something wrong?" You shook your head as you guided his hand to where his baby was. "w-wha.. is that..?"
"Yeah, that's your kid."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You were all gathered in the throne room, all being you, Sans, Papyrus, Grillby, and Aliza. "I'M GLAD WE ARE ALL HERE!" Grillby tilted his firey head. "To what do you wish to talk to us about, King Papyrus?" Papyrus got bashful for a moment, clearly not used to that despite the months that had passed. "I-I... PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME THAT. I WANT US TO BE EQUALS... KIND OF? I WANT TO WORK AS A COUNCIL. WE ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR OUR PEOPLE. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?" You nodded immediately. "yeah, i like it too. then we can share the pressure of the kingdom together rather than you breaking under it." Sans agreed, holding your hand. Grillby nodded as well. "Indeed, I would love to assist you, Pap." Aliza looked way nervous. "A-are you sure...?" Papyrus gave a nod. "I AM! IT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL NOT DIE, HUMAN!" Papyrus 'reassued' making Aliza pale. "O-ok... ok.." Thus a new concil was formed to go along with all the other changes that were happening.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"do ya think we could see the gender yet? found and cleaned up the ultrasound equipment my dad had in here for this sort of stuff." You thought for a moment, them nodded. "I think so, I mean, it's moving and stuff which means the organs are forming. That likely includes reproductive ones as well." Sans grinned and tapped the gurney. "hop on up for good ol' doctor sans." He joked, making you roll your eyes as you obliged him and even pulled up your shirt for him. He stared down with that large red eye of his, you assumed to run a check, before he got to work booting things up and spreading gell on your lower abdomen. Then he started his search for the little one, finding them rather quickly. "there we are, sugar. there's our baby.." You and Sans got pretty excited about that all over again, but Sans wasn't done you as he tried to get a good look at its gender. "a girl... she's a girl.."
"Can we even get pictures?" You asked, excited at the prospect of keeping this moment forever. "i could work something out." Sans murmured as he stared at the image on the screen.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

The lab was finally decorated and fixed up to Sans liking, meaning that there was most definitely a bed and TV for you both to chill in when you weren't at home or the castle or doing science stuff. "Look at my sexy man in a lab coat, you really are Dr. Sans now. I'm sure your dad is proud." Sans chuckled quietly as he pulled off said lab coat and dumped it on the ground before dumping himself on the bed with a satisfied groan. "i'm bone tired, sugar, can we sleep here tonight..?"
"I think we should anyway. The first major concil meeting is tomorrow morning, remember?" He peered up at you. "it is..? what's it about..?" He questioned. You gave a light huff. "We were going to discuss whether to bring down the barrier-"
"no. we should not. not all humans are bad, but there are those like that brat that will cause harm to our people. we are better off down here." Sans grumbled. You pet the good side of his skull. "Tell that to the concil tomorrow, ok? They might just agree. I know I do.."

3 chapters left