C.O.R.E Problem

Papyrus wash in the kitchen when you rushed in and grabbed the knife sharpener. "Does this thing work for axes?" Papyrus was utterly confused. "UM, NO. WHY?"
"Shorty's file broke after an incident related to... activities." You snickered, thinking on how he somehow snapped the thing trying to pry his closet open to get things for other activities.  You weren't sure why it was stuck in the first place, but you supposed that didn't matter now. "But anyway, he wants to make sure his axe is 'sushi cutting' sharp before we head back to the C.O.R.E." You finished your explanation. Papyrus sighed in exasperation before his head disappeared into a cupboard. "THERE IS ANOTHER ONE IN HERE FOR EMERGENCIES, JUST GIVE ME A MOMENT, HUMAN.." As Papyrus finished saying that, Sans came in. "what's taking so long, sugar?" He asked curiously. "Papyrus is looking for your spare now, so don't break it." You wagged a finger at him, only for him to snap his teeth at you. "Don't bite me!" You squeaked. "aw, but you liked that last night~" Sans teased as you went red in the face. "Sans!" A slam came from behind you and you both turned to a bewildered Papyrus who was rubbing his skull.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You and Sans left a squealing Papyrus after Sans got the new file. "He's happy." Sans chuckled as he squeezed your hand. "he's been wanting me to find a lover for awhile, someone to make me happy other than him. i, for one, am happy he's happy." You leaned into Sans, clutching your notebook close. "I'm happy he's happy and I'm definitely happy that you're happy." He hummed and shortcut you both to the C.O.R.E. "i won't be able to do much more of those, i'm almost outta spare magic." You looked at the now nearly empty walls of the core of the C.O.R.E. You and Sans have spent the past few weeks to sand away the old runes to make room for the Imprint. You just had to sand down a few more runes and you could carve in the Imprint and get this thing working again... hopefully. Sans secured a line to you to ensure you wouldn't fall like his father had. "I'll see you in there." You and Sans shared a kiss before you crawled out the broken window and into the chamber.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Do we really know she's going to be stalking the lab?" You whispered to Sans as you snuck through the True Lab's halls. "i don't, but that's why we have to be careful." Sans whispered back as he peaked around the corner. He did see or hear anything yet, but he was going to stay cautious. You crossed that particular hallway before Sans froze and had you backtrack into the hall. You both pressed into the wall and you heard it. Heavy footsteps. Clanking armor. Undyne. As she passed your hiding place, you saw the dull glow of a summoned spear. Could that glow help her spot you? You fucking hoped not. It didn't seem to either as she passed the hall without another thought. You and Sans still held your breaths long after she passed, unsure if it was a trick or not. But nobody came. Sans pulled you along as you caught your breath, finally breaking out into Hotland. "Ok... now how do we get past the Temmies?" Sans froze and groaned. "Shhhhiiiiittttt.." Sans looked longingly out towards Waterfall. "I know you want to get back to Pap, I do too, but we can't get past the Temmies the way they are now." You reasoned. "... i know.."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

That's how you ended up resneaking through the Lab and going to some place called the MTT Resort to sleep. Undyne seemed to have left the Lab for now so sneaking through there didn't take as long, but she was still in the C.O.R.E. You and Sans had to take... mm... a bypass way of sorts to get by her. Shimmying across the catwalks with bubbling hot lava below you wasn't very fun at all and your arms felt like fucking noodles when it was over, but you were both alive so it was a win. You and Sans finally found your walking up to the grand Resort of a robot you never met with Sans sighing in relief. "finally.." You had to agree to that. Finally indeed. The Resort, like everywhere else, was dark with a grand fountain. Some calculator on a while posed dramatically on top. Sans shook his head and lead you away. He jumped a counter and collected a key before leading you to a hall of doors. He stopped at one and unlocked it, leading you into a bedroom. "Nice."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

From then on, that's where you stayed. You and Sans wished you could tell Papyrus where you were, but at the moment, it was impossible. Sans needed what remained for Undyne or other such emergencies. He couldn't keep shortcutting back and forth. You were also saving your magic for emergencies like Undyne. "So... who was the calculator?" You asked as you both headed to the C.O.R.E. "mettaton. the star of the underground. pap adored him." Sans replied, eyelight scanning for threats. "What happened to him?" You asked as you looked around yourself. "i don't know.. he was probably taken apart or shut down after the world went to shit." Sans replied. "he was alphys invention, so he usually stuck with her, the stupid rust bucket." Sans grumbled in annoyance. Now you know Sans never got along with that guy. Huh. "Let's just get this thing fixed, him?" You offered, deciding it would be best to change the topic... for Sans sake. "heh, yeah. let's do that." He agreed, happy for the topic change.