Another Human

"... Can we go to the Shop?" Sans ripped the bag of trailmix he was holding apart, contents spilling everywhere. You scrambled to pick up the food while Sans asked, "why? one handful, human, these  need to last you." You grumbled but complied, agreeing with the fact that they needed to last. "I only brought clothes and snacks, I'd thought it would be any easy walk to the shop to get the rest." Sans hummed and disappeared into the kitchen, coming back with a sandwich baggie for you to put the pieces in. "what else do you need?" You shrugged. "Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, you know, the necessities." You paused. 'Are you gonna have some?" Sans ignored your question. "necessities are unnecessary if there is no running water."
"Sure you have running water, it's called a river." Sans huffed dubiously. "you're kidding. it's freezing human, you can't be eaten if your frozen at the bottom of the river." You dumped the trailmix into the baggie. "Not if we take some home and heat it up." Sans sealed the baggie and pocketed it. "and how do you suggest we do that? no power." Sans reminded.  "Use your brain, or lack of. A fire." Sans wasn't sure whether to kill you for that or laugh.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

So Sans took you out to go to the Shop. He was surprised though when you turned in the opposite direction. "human." You turned to him. "Skeleton." He grumbled. "what are you doing?" To that, you smirked. "Trust me, this path is safer and more direct. He looked confused until you ducked into the igloo at the side of the house. He blinked slowly and trailed after you. You were both plunged into the deep, dark, tight fit depths of the tunnel and could really only move forward, now that Sans was behind you. "how did you know this was a tunnel? i didn't even know this was a tunnel." Sans deep voice echoed around the small space. "We'd made it together... as kids." You replied quietly, voice soft. There was a scratching sound. "did-did we...?" He grumbled, supposedly to himself, but the space seemed to amplify any sounds made. "We did a lot together. I only wish that you remembered the good times we had." The conversation was left at that as you made it to the end of the tunnel.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sans waited at the door as you walked around, in search of what you actually needed. First and foremost was specific women's products. Namely pads and tampons. You took a couple of boxes, unsure of how long you would be down here and when you would next return. After that, you went after what you told Sans you were coming for a brush, toothbrush, and toothpaste. You found a nice MTT brand hair brush in your favorite color, and moved on to the dental area. You picked up some charcoal toothpaste, you'd heard that charcoal was good for teeth, and a [S/F/C] toothbrush. Then once again you moved on to the shampoo isle. "Bone glow, dog shampoo, rabbit wash, bear wash, reptile shampoo..." You never actually thought of what would be good for you, damn. Hesitantly you took the reptile shampoo. Dog shampoo could be bad for the skin and hair if used regularly. You walked over to Sans, slightly conflicted over the thought of stealing. "ya done?" You nodded, "Yeah, let's get home." He huffed and pushed out into the snowy darkness that you didn't think you'd ever get used to. Sans froze and growled. "go home. i'll be back... with dinner."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Just like that he was gone before you could call out to him. There was another human down here?! What the literal fuck! This was bad, right? Or maybe it was good? They could eat this person so you could live longer, yet would you be able to live with yourself if you allowed that? Your feet were already moving as you made up your mind, chucking your belongings down the tunnel. Even if it meant being their new meal, you were gonna let this human escape becoming Skeleton food. Your hand lit with fire as you made it into the woods, taking it MUCH more careful from there. You didn't want to loose a foot or something to one of the brother's death traps. "Where is Papyrus anyway? I haven't seen him around mu-"
"CAREFUL [Y/N], GET LOST IN YOUR THOUGHTS LIKE THAT AND YOU'LL LOSE A LIMB!" Papyrus whisper yelled. "Pap- how long have you been out here?" He shrugged. "ALL DAY. I WAS CHECKING THE TRAPS. A NEW HUMAN IS DOWN HERE THOUGH, WHICH MEANS YOU'LL BE OK FOR AWHILE LONGER THOUGH! THAT'S GREAT, ISN’T IT?"

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

His excited, or at least you thought it was excited, look dropped Your flames had extinguished with the scare Pap had given you. "YOU DON’T LIKE THE IDEA OF ANOTHER HUMAN GETTING EATEN." You shook your head. "No. I do not. I mean, I KNOW you guys have to eat, it's just... hard to accept. I think I'd rather be eaten myself than watch another human..." You felt gloved hands grab your shoulders. "NO! YOU ARE GOING TO SAVE US, I WILL NOT ALLOW THOSE THOUGHTS TO TAKE THAT AWAY!!" Papyrus growled, as if trying to emphasize his point. "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE APART OF THIS. HOPEFULLY, THIS WILL BE THE LAST. EVER." You swallowed. "Papyrus... what if they are a kid, just trying to go home..?" You heard him sigh. "I WILL BE HONEST. IF THAT IS THE CASE AND IF THEY DO ESCAPE US, THEY STILL WON'T LAST LONG WITH... WITH THE OTHERS." He became quiet. Then, "LET'S GO HOME [Y/N], YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET AS MUCH REST AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE." The lanky Skeleton guided you out of the minefield of traps and back home.