Spark of Sanity

It was cold, Snowdin is always cold, but this seemed different for some reason. Maybe because the cold never bothered him before? He was always to hungry to care about the cold, yet here he was, cold but not hungry. And because of that, he felt he could actually think. He was at the door, Toriel's door. Exploring? No. Waiting. Waiting for someone. Someone important. Their name is at the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't seen to quite grasp it yet. He could barely make out her appearance too. Small. No, young. They were very young. And female. [H/L] hair...? That was colored [H/C]...? Maybe [E/C] eyes...? A sweet smile that he adored. Some details were to fuzzy for him. But he was waiting for her to come back. The door was where he found her the first time, it is where he would find her again. A voice echoed inside. Quiet, sweet, relaxing. Despite his sharp senses, he couldn't understand. He growled in frustration and jammed an attack into the door. He needed to know if it was her, the one he was waiting for, the child of Snowdin... but before he could get the door open, Sans woke up.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You had woken up before Sans and healed your wounds. It's not like you were hiding your abilities after all, you'd just not used them around the boys. At first, it was due to fear, but now you had no reason to fear them. You watched Sans jolt awake and slam his skull against the stall you were curled under, he hissed and glowered at the 'ceiling' rubbing where contact was made. "Sans are you ok?!" You crawled over to him and pulled his skull to where you could examine it before he could answer you. He looked conflicted and confused, but didn't pull away. You looked around for any new cracks and even checked the hole for any new chips. He flinched at contact with the damaged area and growled, but you ignored him. "Be careful, bud. You're hurt enough, we don't need any more head damage. What made you jump, anyway?" You let go and leaned back. "... don't.... don't remember..." He looked confused. "a dream maybe...?" He went to pick at his hole, but you grabbed his hand. "We should go now."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"... weren't you hurt...?" Sans looked even more confused and tried to move his hand again, but you held tight. "I'm fine, Sans. Thank you though. He nodded slowly and gave you half a granola bar. "eat. then we'll leave. mk is difficult to get passed." You tried to eat it slowly, but it was difficult. "Who's MK?" Sans rumbled. "he's a feral monster kid who has no arms, but is unbelievably fast and agile... sometimes." Great, so there was a wild monster child out to kill you. "Can we talk him out of it?" Sans narrowed his sockets. "ya don't get it, do ya? there's no talking to a starved monster when they are that gone. they don't give a damn unless they are fed." You bit your lip. "So if he finds us..." Sans grabbed his axe. "i'm killing him." He stated firmly as he crawled out from under his old station. Note to self, don't get found by MK. You didn't wanna watch someone die. You crawled out and stood up yourself, looking around at what was once a very beautiful sight. "It's all dark... the stars, the grass, the water..." It was upsetting.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"no food, no power, no exotic waterfall. the echo flowers don't even pick up sound anymore, they just repeat the last thing they heard before they died." Sans said, grabbing your arm and pulling you along. He seemed highly alert and only let go when we were in the long grass, hidden. He sighed in relief. "so far, so good." He whispered to you. "once we get past the outlook, we'll be safe for a bit. once we get to the mushroom paths, we'll be in temmie territory..." He sounded extremely uneasy, speaking of the Temmies. They'd always been very cute and cheerful creatures in the past. You weren't sure if you wanted to know how the famine had affected them. "Ok, let's get passed here." You whispered back. You shuffled through the grass with Sans as you moved forward. "i've never gotten past the temmies." He confessed. "We have to, to save monsterkind." You muttered back, despite the pit in your stomach. "... i know.. we will somehow.." Sans froze, making you freeze as the grass started to shift at a fast pace around you. Sans gripped his axe tighter. You'd been found.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"when i say run, you run and don't look back. capiche?" Sans growled, tracking the creature, presumably MK's, whereabouts. "I can't leave you here!" You hissed back quietly. "unless you wanna watch him die, you'll do as i say, mk don't hold a fuckin candle to me." His gaze was predatory and focused. At that moment, you believed what he said. MK was as good as dead. You swallowed thickly. "I'm sorry... I want to save you all..." He locked eyes with you. "... you can't. but... the thought is appreciated." He quickly shoved you forward. "run!" Sans snapped as you scrambled to get a foothold. You glanced back to see Sans grab some yellow armless dinosaur thing by his tail as he tried to go after you. You quickly looked forward as not to see what happened next as you just kept running. You splashed through rivers and jumped up at some sort of cliff, hauling yourself up to the top. You then waited anxiously for Sans to catch up. Stars, he better catch up... you waited for what seemed like forever, and when you'd made up your mind to go after him, his voice caught your attention. "mind helping me up?" A red eye stared up at you from below as you sighed in relief.