The Horde

A deafening silence filled the air as you and Sans walked on. For once, you were extremely glad it was dark because you didn't want to see the carnage those little things caused. Sans was on high alert, scanning the room over and over for any sight or sound of the little monsters. To say the atmosphere was tense was an understatement, you felt like you could cut through it with a trident. Though probably not anytime soon, your magic was getting dangerously low, you knew it wouldn't be long before you were completely defenseless. If you encountered the Horde, you'd probably use the last of it. Then you really WOULD be defenseless. But at least you and San would be safe.. You tensed as you were grabbed by your upper arms and was turned to face Sans. His red eye stared you down, assessed your condition then he pulled you close and whispered as quietly as he could into your ear, "you were slowing down. we can't afford to be distracted right now, k?" You nodded slowly and shot him an apologetic look, not trusting your whisper voice. Mostly because you've been told that you sucked at whispering.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Did that count as a hug? Your cheeks had reddened as Sans continued on, pulling you along. Did he just hug you? Did he even realize that he did? Sans tensed suddenly, increasing his pace to a near jog. You wanted to ask you, but then you saw a small shadow from your preferal vision. Stars, you hoped that wasn't what you thought it was. Unfortunately, Sans confirmed your fears. "[Y/N]... run."
"What about you?!" He lifted his axe. "i can't defend us both, you have to leave me, i can defend myself." He insisted in a tight voice and shoved you forward as a high pitched, growlish yip sounded from the right. You started to run. A few shadows split off from the darkness, giving chase while it seemed the rest were going to Sans. A very small part of you wondered why that was, but for the most part, you didn't want to know. You wanted to get the hell away from here. Away from them. You rounded a corner and spotted a cavern within the dead-end area. It was either go in there and hide, or get eaten by Temmies out here. You knew your choice.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

There was PLENTY of junk to shelter and hide behind. You could confuse the Temmies, take them out, one by one. It was something you really DIDN'T want to do... but you were left with no choice. As you slipped amongst the junk, you found dust along with what could only be described as an architect outfit. It was Gerson, you realized, the old turtle with a booming laugh that you'd enjoyed in your younger years. Had the Temmies gotten to him? A growl sounded behind you as you whipped around and summoned fire. White eyes stared back, wide and blank. It's teeth was seraded and it's fur was matted with blood. It snarled and lunged, you jumped away and into a pile of junk, toppling it over. A yelp sounded as another Temmie was crushed. One down, two to go. You eyed the one if front of you and summoned a trident. It sprang forward as another landed on you from behind. Claws dug into your skin and you cried out in pain, pulling it off and into it's little friend before either could bite you. You lunged forward with your trident.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Damn lucky was what you were. You were lucky that it was only three and you were lucky that the damage was minimal. Meanwhile Sans was out there, risking his life for you. It was so frustrating! Was it always going to be like this, with him doing the grunt work, getting himself hurt or worse while you hid away? You grit your teeth. Fuck it. You had magic left, even if it was only a little, and you could fight with it. You knew the ins and outs of Waterfall, you could find a place to regroup and heal, make a plan as you should have in the first place. You had to make sure Sans was still OK first. You got up and ignored your wounds, you would need that magic for an attack or multiple, and pushed yourself to leave the old shop Gerson had once owned. "You better be alive, Skeleton, or I'll revive you just to murder you again." You hissed through your teeth.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sans was surrounded by Temmies. He continued to dodge and swing his axe at them as they lunged, but he was worse off than he'd like to admit. One of the little shits had latched onto his femur, and their claws were sharp as well. With a wound like that, dodging was much or difficult and they'd been landing good hits to his arms, legs, and ribs. It was a damn good thing he'd killed as many monsters and humans as he had. Or he would be dead. Another Temmie lunged at him and he prepared to dodge and swing again. What he wasn't expecting was a [M/C] trident to stab through it. Or more to spear through other surrounding Temmies along with balls of fire. His eye widened as they yelped in pain and confusion. Many others scattered, equally confused and looking for the attacker. A hand grabbed his wrist and started pulling him along. He grunted in pain. The scent of blood mixed with the sweet scent of [F/Sc] (favorite scent) as he stared bewilderedly at your [H/L], [H/C] hair. He could tell you were wounded, but there were other questions running through his skull. That and he felt really, really tired. His adrenaline was wearing off fast. He stumbled and you said something to him, but he wasn't listening. A little rest would do him good...